Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Spam

Old 12-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Spam

Boy, the spam monkeys have been busy on this forum for the last week or so.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya ................... What's up with that ?!?!

Maybe webby should start a category called "Spam" .....................They would probably post there - LOL
Old 12-28-2016, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

We remove the spam and permaban them as fast as we can. And yes, they are a PITA. They take up a lot of mod time.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I get up at 5 eastern time and normally there are 2 to 8 of them waiting for me. I just delete the post and perma ban them but they show up every day other than Sunday which is kind of weird. I probably ban another 4 to 10 more as they sign on with obvious spam related signatures or user names. I'll add I don't know why they post since it never remains for very long and never gets even 1 response. Kind of a waste of their time and ours. I just got rid of another at 6:48pm and it was just posted. I assume they do it to get money but I doubt it generates anything...so spammers quit while you are ahead

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-29-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO administration needs to change how they handle this and fix their software, rather than the poor unpaid Mods having to handle this. That way the spammers shouldn't even get on here in the first place. It's the only site I visit that has any spammers on it, so there is definitely a way to keep them off if all the other sites aren't bothered with them.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-28-2016 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-28-2016, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

I work midnights and check the site periodically throughout the night. And typically delete 3-5 a night in the whitetail section as well. We're doing the best we can. Can't be logged in every minute. We appreciate the patience with it.
-Jake
Old 12-29-2016, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I posted about this some time ago in the off topic section. Top is correct other sites just don't seem to have the problem.
Many of the spam post are from Botts and other sites have bott blocking soft wear.

You have to answer questions and do a puzzle on some. Others you have to type in the crazy letter configuration to sign up for the site.
Botts can't as yet do that.

I thank the moderators for cleaning up the mess. Imagine if they didn't what a mess the deer hunting section would be.

Al
Old 12-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

There was 8 posted all at once it seemed last night, in addition to the regular ones. It would be nice if they could do something. Until then we'll keep zapping them when we see them
-Jake