Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Modern Hunting is killing off the hunters >

Modern Hunting is killing off the hunters

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Modern Hunting is killing off the hunters

Old 01-02-2017, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by game stalker
aside from being safe and legal, i have 2 quick ways to judge some ones intent. Getting up and being ready early and having the desire to accept the challenge of being out and handling the cold long term. If they don't start w/those 2 basic things, more important things won't follow.
yep. Certainly can't argue gainst that. nothing I hate more then having to drag someone from bed cause they don't care enough to get up on time. would rather hunt alone then with this type.

actually would rather hunt alone period.

makes fer better stories. lol.

Last edited by kidoggy; 01-02-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
yep. Certainly can't argue gainst that. nothing I hate more then having to drag someone from bed cause they don't care enough to get up on time. would rather hunt alone then with this type.

actually would rather hunt alone period.

makes fer better stories. lol.
I don't do it. I get up and leave.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockport
I don't do it. I get up and leave.
I do my best to be patient but more often then not ,I do the same.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
I do my best to be patient but more often then not ,I do the same.
I have exactly zero patients for that.

It actually helps weed out the junk. Can't even get up on time = not worth my time and effort.

Last edited by rockport; 01-02-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Spike

Unfortunately down the road there will be no way to have a decent hunt unless you are with an outfitter. Outfitters are all still relatively small in essence to what they can become and haven't been around for all that long but just like any business, as they grow and become more profitable they will continually grab for their share of the market. These are good times we live in now because one day these outdoor freedoms of choice will not exist
Old 01-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RabidSniper308
Unfortunately down the road there will be no way to have a decent hunt unless you are with an outfitter.
BS. There are plenty of places with huge amounts of public land that you can hunt without an outfitter. You just have to look for them. Ever heard of the national forests in the Rockies? Or the BLM land in the plains? Or the WMAs in places like FL? I've hunted all of them and have never needed an outfitter and I've taken an awful lot of game.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flags
BS. There are plenty of places with huge amounts of public land that you can hunt without an outfitter. You just have to look for them. Ever heard of the national forests in the Rockies? Or the BLM land in the plains? Or the WMAs in places like FL? I've hunted all of them and have never needed an outfitter and I've taken an awful lot of game.

I don't think it's BS. I think it's spot on. Not talking about today, but 20 years from now, maybe less or more. But as private land disappears, public land gets more crowded. Come hunt Ohio or PA public land and you'll see "the orange army" I still get my deer. and will continue to. But eventually, down the road, I think things are changing. From losing private land to leases, to over hunting being done on the public land, it's changing.
-Jake
Old 01-07-2017, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I agree with flag on this one. Here in Michigan for fire arm deer season you see a orange clad person by every tree on some state and federal land in LOWER MICHIGAN till after the first week end. My UP deer camp is nearly surrounded by almost 6000 acres of federal land. I have seen just 9 people there in the first 14 years, 6 of those people was the guy that lives up the road a 1/4 mile.

Never see a car or truck parked beside the road either.

But I know it is because they are lazy and it takes work to hunt there.
Cranberry bogs along side the road and you have to walk 150 to 400 yards across sit to get to the ridges behind it. Not only does cranberry's grow there but a plant with a wide base and a spikey top making footing difficult and deer paths are narrow and 6 inches deep.

No you can't ride a ATV across as it is off limits to wheeled veichels.

Al
Old 01-07-2017, 05:22 AM
Banned

yep .purty easy to get away from people around here . you simply walk out of sight of the roads and you have already escaped 75% of the hunters.

I always chuckle at the roadies that cry, "there is no deer around anymore".

one need only go where the hunters aren't to find em.
and folks are only getting more n more lazy. who knows ,20 -30 years from now most will likely be to lazy to even leave their houses to go hunt

Last edited by kidoggy; 01-07-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
I agree with flag on this one. Here in Michigan for fire arm deer season you see a orange clad person by every tree on some state and federal land in LOWER MICHIGAN till after the first week end. ......
This sounds like a regional issue to me. My preferred WMA has 5,217 acres. Participation is good in bow and BP seasons, with a heavy, constant increase during modern firearms season. Hunters visit this location from many locales. One can still find lesser or totally uninterrupted areas to hunt. I certainly agree w/the move farther from vehicles mentality to achieve this. Walk farther or hunt in less used primitive weapons seasons. I prefer both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.