Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

200 lb Doe

Old 12-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 200 lb Doe

Here's a picture of a 200 lb dressed doe (conservative estimate) from this season, thats my Daughter in the picture. Anyway look how that doe dwarfs the 8 point. The biggest doe's i have previously got were around the 180-190lb mark both were weighed, this girl is bigger & she's all butchered wrapped and in the freezer.http://postimg.org/image/mejq87ndt/

Last edited by gjersy; 12-08-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a fatty for sure.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

She sure aint been missing any meals. Was she dry?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes superhunt she was dry, however she had a kind of fresh scar or hair knocked off on her rump that made me think that she was bred. She was a fatty 4sure, the dogs are loving all the tallow.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

How this was the fat on her? I've skinned some Ohio doe that were in the 150 range and they had fat probably 3-4" this on their hindquarters
-Jake
Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow. Did you guys get to age her jawbone?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gjersy
Yes superhunt she was dry, however she had a kind of fresh scar or hair knocked off on her rump that made me think that she was bred. She was a fatty 4sure, the dogs are loving all the tallow.
Might have been, or might have been fighting with another Dom Doe. (got her ass kicked, literally ) Be careful not to overdo the tallow to the mutts. I goofed one year and let the rotties have at a ton of the stuff and, putting it nicely, yard cleanup wasn't fun at ALL
Old 12-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The tallow was thick on her rump maybe around 2 inches Bocajnala? Way more than the bucks I got this year. There's a 5 gallon bucket full of tallow, I only give the dogs a chunk of tallow per day with there food. I still have the lower jaw maybe i should age her younggun.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Some years they have very little fat and some years allot. I don't know what the difference is. I've cut up four so far this year and none have had much fat... But sometimes you get one thats covered in it.
-Jake
Old 12-09-2016, 03:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Might have been, or might have been fighting with another Dom Doe. (got her ass kicked, literally ) Be careful not to overdo the tallow to the mutts. I goofed one year and let the rotties have at a ton of the stuff and, putting it nicely, yard cleanup wasn't fun at ALL
Reminds me of a fish fry we had on the beach. After we finished we all went up to the house to have some desert and to visit. I said I would clean up the propane fryer later. My daughters dog got into the oil after it cooled and then sheepishly came up to the house with volcanic eruptions out both ends. That poor mutt suffered for a couple hours but luckily never got into the house.

Beautiful doe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.