Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Extra Motivation to Sit the Midday Hours >

Extra Motivation to Sit the Midday Hours

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Extra Motivation to Sit the Midday Hours

Old 11-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mkinser777
Really enjoyed your write up! Do you write any books or just articles on the lifestyle lost web site? I would definitely be interested! The way you tell the story makes it hard to look away! Thanks
That is probably one of the nicest comments I have ever received! I appreciate that very much. I don't write any books, but have given it some thought. I am not a good writer by nature, I just have to put a lot of effort into it. Sorry I took so long to respond on this post. I forgot to subscribe to it. So I never got any notifications.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by C. Davis
Landon D.
Last week on the 11th, I shot this buck at 11:30. Two weeks before that in October, I almost got a shot at him at 12:30 with my crossbow. He was about 3 steps from stepping into a clearing that would have given me a good shot. I read your story, and if I had seen all that action, I would never leave the stand. The day I shot this one, he was the only deer I saw all morning. I think I have seen more deer between the hours of 8:30 and 10:00. If the barometric pressure is high, I will always sit all day. Many times I don't have to because I get the deer early.

This is my grandson and I am trying to teach him that patience is a big secret to success. Now that I am getting a little older, I think being awake is right up there with patience.

" />

" />

C. Davis
Hey great deer man! Yeah that was a mistake I should have sat all day. I shot a nine point out of that same stand at 11:58. I also saw monster out of that stand that evening. I will always be wondering if that monster was they buck working the area the week before...
Old 11-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Spike

Also if any of you want to read the followup article to this one here it is. Spoiler alert! I shot a nice deer in the middle of the day .

http://lifestylelost.com/index.php/2...-gratefulness/
Old 11-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Spike

I've seen some big bucks in the middays the most