Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best place to hunt?

Old 10-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Spike

Default Best place to hunt?

So where in your opinion is the best place to hunt whitetail?
Old 10-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Spike

Depends on what you want to accomplish. Fla. Ga. Alabama are all close with good populations.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, there are GREAT places all across the USA
ANY land can be MADE to grow BIG bucks, IF that's your goal, both in racks and in weights
ME< If I had the income to go every yr, I would be up in ALberta every yr
I just always enjoyed my trips there, something about how BIG the body's get
NOT that you cannot get BIG bodied bucks else where, YOU can
But when and where I have hunted up there, the scenery, and all the different animals I have seen on stand, always made a lasting memory for me and a very enjoyable hunt

best bang for the buck and chance at a BIG buck, I say is OHIO
long season and tags over counter
Missouri is another good place

IF all you want to do is KILL a DEER
ANY well managed land with good food and cover, will get you one if you do your part
WV< has a BOAT load of deer, and has the HIGHEST odds of killing one while driving
I think its something like 1-7 there hit a deer with there vehicle
NUTS crazy deer auto collisions

But I have seen good hunting and BAD hunting in same states, some times just a few miles apart or LESS
all due to HOW a land owner set up there land or NOT

all different way to hunt too, come into play here, GUN Archery, stand hunting stalking , close range, FAR out there?

have to ask a lot of questions,give info on what type of hunting and what you CALL BEST, to get to better answers maybe?
Old 10-06-2016, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

If I could afford to go every year I would go to northern Ont. Canada also to Manitoba.

But I like my UP deer camp property and even my Southern Michigan bit of paradise. Use to be the UP was a fun place to go and get a buck with friends, they are all gone now waiting for me to join them again. Southern Michigan racks were bigger and the bodies close to a UP buck because of the Farm crops.

Al
Old 10-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by huntlikeagirl
So where in your opinion is the best place to hunt whitetail?
that's easy. go where the whitetail are
Old 10-06-2016, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

If yer lookin fer a date you go to the bars if yer lookin fer a deer you go where the deer are !
Old 10-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Banned

Southern MN. I own numerous property's and see deer 95%of the time. Couple friends of mine say the deer are Abundant where they hunt to 30 miles west of where I am
Old 10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

As long as there deer around the best place in my opinion and heart is with family and good friends.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on what you're after. If you want a really big trophy buck the mid-west is probably your best bet. If you want meat then the south is good because of high deer densities and mild weather.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Plenty good deer hunting in Georgia that's why we go that way each year long season and high bag limits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.