Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Bad Boy Experience

Old 09-14-2016, 11:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Would have been cheaper for them to just take that one in and give you a new one. Stupid business practices really crack me up sometimes. By the time they paid out labor and parts, they would have MORE than paid for a new one (their actual costs not wholesale price) AND they would have a happy satisfied customer rather than an embittered one! Ahhh well, such is the mindset of absolutely too many businesses in this country nowadays. Rather than simply admit fault and fix the problem, they drag crap out costing themselves more money and customer base.
Yep, just one strut assembly on one side and a cv axle assembly would have been 2,000 dollars. Thats just that one time We paid 15k for it.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Spike

People can be pretty brutal on this site. I like it.

The problem I see is that unscrupulous people sign up to forums to bad-mouth a competitors product all the time. I'm new here but I'm not selling anything nor trashing anything. If this product really doesn't perform try showing the repair bills, pics of the broken bits and so on. Powerful tools these forums. Hold their feet to the fire.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

It’s really time for this thread to stop. This buggy was a lemon from the start. Your other members probably didn’t have the number of problems you have had in all their machines combined. It should have been given back to the dealer and after so dang many problems you should have demanded a new one.

Seriously, you have allowed yourself to be victimized and abused by this dealer and to some extent the manufacturer. The dealer is the one you are told to deal with and they should have went to the manufacturer for you a long time ago.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:32 AM
Spike

Getting screwed sucks. Regardless of what others say, your buggy should be fixed. Ask if badboy has a good faith program. Many manufacturers do. It is on a case by case basis outside of the warranty. It is a way to fix problems that come up without having to rewrite the whole warranty. A consumer confidence type thing.

Post up the dealers name and tell us who we should not do business with. Then let them know that you have out the word on this and other popular hunting forums and that the word will spread.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:16 AM
Spike

UPDATE: After we took it to the factory, they still didn't get everything fixed. When going from forward to reverse in gas, it wants to continue going backward after changing it to forwards then it goes out of reverse and grinds gears then decides to go into forward. When using it in electric it just stops working if you try to turn around or go forward then backward. Me and a buddy went to go check trail cams and turned around in a food plot and we had to turn the key on and off for 5 or 10 minutes till it ever decided to work. Late November, my dad was driving it along one of our firebreak roads and as he started to go down a slight hill the brakes failed and he couldn't steer it either. He centered about a 6" tree and the whole front end is messed up now. It left a nasty bruise on his leg as well as a pretty bad cut on his leg when he crashed.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

You need to get serious with them and force them take it off your hands and replace it at no charge. It's obviously a pile of trash and it's lucky nobody has been hurt more than in this latest episode with the tree!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You need to get serious with them and force them take it off your hands and replace it at no charge. It's obviously a pile of trash and it's lucky nobody has been hurt more than in this latest episode with the tree!
We have told them to, we have gotten a lawyer, but legally we have to send a professional letter to company and dealer, as well as now find an expert atv witness that will analyze the buggy and testify in court that the brakes did indeed fail and cause my dad to wreck.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a complete crock of baloney all the way around! With all the problems you've had with that machine any decent dealer/manufacturer would have taken it off your hands and either replaced it or reimbursed you. I know you have put this out on other sites and if I were you I'd put it on every single site you can get on as well as Facebook and twitter. If you are hiring an attorney, that is just another huge expense that you should be reimbursed for by the company. I have read a lot of reports about BBBs and most owners say they are trash right from the getgo just like you found out the hard way.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

With a name like "Bad Boy," you can't nail them for false advertisement.
I don't know anyone who has ever had one. I'm beginning to wonder if they can fix it. If they get you a new one, will you trust it?

I'm glad you posted your experience HH. I would post your experience on different hunting sites. Print out the threads and send them to Bad Boy's corporate headquarters. If you think the dealer is giving you the runaround (sounds like to me) I personally would be his worst nightmare.

C. Davis
Old 12-24-2016, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

What ^ he said!