Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

No Scouting Time

Old 08-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Makes you wonder how many bucks you never saw. You could have had several bucks within 100 yards and never even knew they were there. I'm sure that happens to me in that thick cover I hunt all the time.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Makes you wonder how many bucks you never saw. You could have had several bucks within 100 yards and never even knew they were there. I'm sure that happens to me in that thick cover I hunt all the time.
A bunch I'd say. Ive shot a few that were very close to slipping right on by.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

They don't get big by being stupid that's for sure!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
They don't get big by being stupid that's for sure!
That's it right there. They are smart animals... I think *most* people who get big ones typically do it because the deer made a mistake and they were able to take advantage of it. Then there are a few people, and a couple on this forum as well, that routinely take big bucks and have a good method of figuring them out. Currently I just hunt for the meat and don't have time to focus on the big ones. But the guys that do have my respect because big whitetails are tough animals to hunt.
-Jake
Old 08-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Spike

As stated by other members, if it's a familiar spot the deer are probably using same established trails. Life is busy sometimes and just have to enjoy it the best you can.