Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Would You Fast-Forward Summer..... >

Would You Fast-Forward Summer.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would You Fast-Forward Summer.....

Old 07-26-2016, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know. . . . I often wish summer would hurry on by, what with the bugs, heat, and humidity. But I wouldn't want to just fast forward if I could. Maybe if I could slow down time during squirrel, deer, and duck season, I'd probably do that.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Don't think I would want to FF. I've got different hobbies for all seasons! (too many) But don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the fall! Fall= the woods & football
Old 07-27-2016, 02:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I would skip from mid June to mid Sept any ole time I could. Hate the heat and humidity. Has been so hot and humid of late I do a little wood working in the garage, doors open for air flow and still feel like I have been in a sauna with my clothes on before noon.

I can dress in all the great new technology clothing to stay warm in the winter too. So much to do, coyote hunt snowmobiling, snow shoeing, rabbit/hare hunting, squirrel hunting, more coyote hunting and throw in a crow hunt once in a while. Any of that beats sitting in the house because it is so hot and humid out side.
Give me a good polar vortex over this heat dome any day.

Al
Old 07-27-2016, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I would just want some months to last a little longer. I could do without August and March. Make May and October longer.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

No, I wouldn't give up any season, summer means fishing for me. I can hunt or fish just about any month of the year, I look forward to practically every month, even the cold months of January & February.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't FF, I got things to do most of the year. Fall into Feb the following year is seasons greeting and hunting. Nothing actually for March so I wouldn't mind scratching that one, but April on to Fall is spring turkey and fishing trips. So even with the heat I prefer it the way it is.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope. You only get an set number of summers in your life. I'm not willing to just toss any aside simply to get to a different season. My wife and I just got done with a summer trip that took us to 15 states. In 3 weeks school starts back up and I'll be in full teacher mode again. Giving up the summer means I miss a lot of time off.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Why would any one miss this?

Yesterday was a little better as the heat index was only 108.

If your live was measured in days removing 60 some days of a couple months and add them to months with so much better weather where you can be away form AC is way better.

Al

Al
Old 07-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

I hate the heat. Everyone in Ohio complains about cold winters. Not me. I'll never complain about the cold. The heat, i CAN'T stand. Sweat all day long, every day.
-Jake
Old 07-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I wouldn't I love Summer, Fall, Spring, however Winter gets old

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.