Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sick of the modern world

Old 10-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default sick of the modern world

I am sick of the modern world and what we are doing. My grandparents seemed like they had it all. They lived fairly easy lives. Living and working on the farm most of their lives. Why cant it be like that today. Everything is covered in black top, rivers polluted, farm ground getting eaten up, etc. Yes, I like haveing all the modern things we have. I sort of wish we could just live in cabins and live off the land.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:47 PM

Default RE: sick of the modern world

I sort of wish we could just live in cabins and live off the land.
Thats exactly how I feel. I HATE hate hate the city and everyone in it (that doesnt experience REAL outdoors). I would love to live out in a cabin out in the woods.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:56 PM

I would love to move up noth and live ..dont know how pople make any money to pay a house payment up there....
Old 10-21-2003, 04:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Deerhunter1224 ,
our forebears didn' t have it as easy as you might think . They didn' t have most of the labor saving devices we have now . Imagine plowing with mules , my grandfather did just that until the early seventies . My grandmother washed clothing on a washboard , didn' t have a dishwasher , and sometimes made soap when money was tight . Their table fare frequently included such delicacies as squirrel , possum , and the occasional groundhog . If my grandfather hadn' t been a much better hunter than I' m ever likely to be they would have gone hungry a lot more often .

Nostalgia is a form of selective memory , hindsight is always 20-20 .
Old 10-21-2003, 04:37 AM

Kevin...you are right. My grandmother use to carry her clothes to the creek to wash them and then carry them back up the hill to hang them to dry. They worked twice as hard and twice as long to make it.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I long for the old days too. Not 200 years ago. Somewhere between the 1950s and early 1980s would be better. When fun for kids was when their dad' s took them to deer camp instead of all this Playstation, DVD, cell phone, pager crap.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:44 AM

Yea..I grew up on a farm in Ky. We didn' t have much. I remember damming up the creek to swim in it. Or going to what we called the dead lift ponds and swimming. We didn' t have inside plumming or water. One place we lived we had to carry water from a spring. Then we moved to where we had a well! We were living high on the hog then! I wish my boys could have enjoyed some of those times.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Can' t hate it too much...everyone on here is on a computer[]
I know what you are saying though...things just seemed better back then. It' s really up to you to keep traditions alive. I make a habit of doing things as I was tought when I was a kid. Guy' s who go hunting with a cell phone in hand no longer come with me, I' ve found other people who like being in the wilderness to go with. Keep it real! JDinAB
Old 10-21-2003, 04:35 PM

When fun for kids was when their dad' s took them to deer camp
EXACTLY! I wish I lived in the 40' s-60' s. Most people hunted and most people lived on farms. Kids worked hard and respected there parents/elders/other people. Just the thought of the old days makes me want to go into a time warp and stay there for good.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' m ready to go back also. I try and live as simple as I can. I dont do much of anything the world calls fun. Heck I' m down to driving 3000 miles a year, have not been to a movie since 1969. dont watch TV after 7 PM. Get up a 3 am and go to bed a 8 PM. I hate development,I ' m always yelling things at the developers that buy up hunting land and build another strip mall. I have 2 pairs of shoes 3 sets of clothing.sweat pants,sweat pants and sweat pants. I dont wear socks or underwear,Waste of money. Have not had a haircut in 10 years or shaved in 25 years.When it is warm and it rains I shower outside,very refreshing with the wind blowing thru the hair.

Quick Reply: sick of the modern world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.