Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana >

Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana

Old 04-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Sure will not ever be wanting to go hunting with some of you people.
You are not required to wear blaze orange in every hunting situation here in Michigan.
Also during archery season one could encounter shrooners and other foragers and ya'll sure do not give vibes of a happy day afield because I am not wearing blaze orange. pink. green or black.

Al
Old 04-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh goody. Now my hot pink Saturday night ensemble can be used for hunting in LA!!
Seriously though there are 3 or possibly 4 colors that I think are good safety colors. They are blaze orange, hot pink, bright green (like road crews wear) and yellow. I really don't know why a lot of states limit the color to blaze orange. Yellow though I believe would be detected by game quickly.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Not shoot, bright pink is just one shade away from bright orange. If you could learn your primary colors I don't think this will be too difficult.
Good luck with that reasoning.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Are you seriously that uneducated? I surely wouldn't want to be in the same county as you with a firearm. I don't need some color to tell me not to shoot. I verify my target AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT before I shoot. I also identify my target with nochs if needed and scan a few degrees left and right of the target before I even bring my rifle up to shoulder. That is also how I taught my kids and how I taught in hunters safety courses for years. No telling how many times I have felt that little danger tickle only to look around and into a rifle scope!

The ONLY thing the fluorescent colors do is make a human easily identified but one should NEVER depend on that period! Sure accidents happen and some people are completely retarded enough to wear dark or green colors out in the woods during rifle season. But an observant individual out there with a VERY deadly weapon should at least have the common sense to verify their target before squeezing the trigger.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

I can't believe this is an issue.

Are some sexist or to manly to where bright pink? You can still use orange you know.. right?

Serious, what's the problem? Bright Pink is not going to be as visible as orange? LoL
Old 04-18-2016, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

"Bright Pink is not going to be as visible as orange"

Where is the research that supports that statement?

Al
Old 04-18-2016, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
"Bright Pink is not going to be as visible as orange"

Where is the research that supports that statement?

Al
Think that was a rhetorical question Alley in regards to whether it being an issue of visibility.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Yup, because many years ago, no color was required. Then someone decided the red was a color to go with and many states implemented rules requiring hunters to wear red (at least 50%). Then they figured out that hunter orange was more visible then the red, so they modified laws to require blaze orange instead of red. Today, they are adding in pink along side of orange and once again just like the change from red to orange hunters can't seem to cope with the devastation the government has wrought upon their lives. Sorry your delicate sensibilities has been offended at the prospect of pink, but reality is it is actually more visible then orange is. Add to that one woman participation in hunting has grown by 25% since 2006. Get over it and don't buy pink if you don't feel like wearing it, if my nieces want to join me hunting wearing pink, I am fine with that.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

1ST OFF, you need to know your target and beyond, so not looking to see what the "pink" is is not an excuse... However, 10% of the hunter population is color blind... Color blind people can see blaze orange, but cannot see blaze pink, it shows up white like snow.
Its also pretty sad that legislators think so lowly about women they actually beleve they are so shallow that the deciding factor on whether or not to hunt is if they can wear pretty pink outfits... Thats sad. I think there is more to that decision. You don't see them passing blaze blue to get more boys involved, do you?