Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Oil pipeline and deer hunting

Old 03-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by tommyyboyy05
Well the guy said it is not private so you will have competition. That's why Im asking if the pipeline land owned by the company is open to the public.

That can really vary from place to place. It's up to you to find out the status of that property near the piece you're looking at! He was strictly talking about where he hunted.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That can really vary from place to place. It's up to you to find out the status of that property near the piece you're looking at! He was strictly talking about where he hunted.
Oh ok I gotcha. Yeah I've been trying like heck to find out if it is public or not. It's not in mfl open, but according to the gis mapping website they don't pay property taxes on either of the 40 acre parcels.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is a strange thought, call the company that owns the land and ask them if the land is open to public hunting! Always better to go to the source, faster as well.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh ok I gotcha. Yeah I've been trying like heck to find out if it is public or not. It's not in mfl open, but according to the gis mapping website they don't pay property taxes on either of the 40 acre parcels.
From that it sounds like it's public land that they have their pump and piping on. I'd check with the county officials where it's located and they should be able to tell you for sure.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

As I understand it Enbridge does not own the land--they lease the rights to use the land for their pipeline----some of the land is private--some of it is either state or county land, The land I was talking about is county forest that the pipeline goes through. that portion is public access !!! private land is still private land !!!!! H H
Old 03-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
As I understand it Enbridge does not own the land--they lease the rights to use the land for their pipeline----some of the land is private--some of it is either state or county land, The land I was talking about is county forest that the pipeline goes through. that portion is public access !!! private land is still private land !!!!! H H
Alright thanks! Yeah I've been on the phone with the dnr and with enbridge trying to get answers but it turns out that enbridge owns both of the 40 acre parcels. Finally got through to a lady who said they don't allow public use of their property.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Alright thanks! Yeah I've been on the phone with the dnr and with enbridge trying to get answers but it turns out that enbridge owns both of the 40 acre parcels. Finally got through to a lady who said they don't allow public use of their property.
Get anything they tell you in writing in case there is a problem later. It always helps when someone else starts to ask the questions. Also see if they permit hunting on the properties to ensure one way or the other of that kind of status.