Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The One That Got Away

Old 02-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Spike

Default The One That Got Away

Here is a video of my early November hunt during the rut.
I wanted everyone to know that it happens and is apart of hunting.

Check it out and let me know what you think?

Old 02-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

It does happen, it's no fun when it does. All you can do is put the time in searching and hope you find them. Did this buck ever show up on camera again anywhere else or do you think it died?
-Jake
Old 02-21-2016, 09:19 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
It does happen, it's no fun when it does. All you can do is put the time in searching and hope you find them. Did this buck ever show up on camera again anywhere else or do you think it died?
-Jake
Yes it does happen and that's why I decided to make the video to show just that. I have not seen this deer yet on any of my cams, I'm hoping he made it through and heals up.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO there's a good chance that buck is alive to see another rut. The shot angle and where the arrow appeared to hit was way too forward right behind the shoulder and probably buried into cartilage on the left front area of his chest forward of the vitals. They can heal some serious wounds and if infection didn't set in and kill him he's probably healed by now. Good try at the recovery and about all you could do with where he appears to have been hit.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-21-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Spelling & clarification