Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 please help me over this buck i found >

please help me over this buck i found

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

please help me over this buck i found

Old 10-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default please help me over this buck i found

Friday morning saw a nice eight pointer close to my stand, but didnt get a shot at him. When I got down form my stand I thought I better see if there were any scrapes and rubs well I did find some rubs and scrapes didnt look to far and hard for them. Found about 3 scrapes and 2 rubs. Well this morning hunted the same stand didnt see him. I thought I will look a little further to see if I can find more rubs. Oh did I find rubs they were all over the place there were at least 15. I have few questions questions. Why didnt I see him this morning the wind was in my favor? I thought deer normal have about the same pattern each day. By me walking around where he has made the rubs will that effect anything?I was very careful and not rubbing any branches. Is there any tips on how I can get this buck?
Old 10-19-2003, 10:37 AM

Default RE: please help me over this buck i found

You my have spooked him by walking around his stompin' grounds.You didn' t mention if you had any scent killer on you' re boots,always try to leave active area' s as UNtouched as possible.He might return,when stand or blind hunting, patience is what it' s all about
Old 10-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

be patient...he should be back....maybe not the same time each day..but he' ll be back to check his scrapes and everything.....just be patient....he should show up again.....good luck....
Old 10-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' m with Mauser on this one. Sometimes they will come back like clock work other times its schedule may different. Are you always on time?
Old 10-19-2003, 06:29 PM

I' m not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but if anybody knew exactly where and when to find any particular animal, it wouldn' t be called hunting.
More like finding.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you arnt wearing E-lima-TRak you are
smelling up his area,watch where you are
walking stay out of his path!!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:49 AM

What you need to do is stay out of the woods for a couple of days and pray for rain. Scent control is big but never perfect. Once it rains the scent will go away and things will get more in your favor. Watch wind, go get him, its called hunting not killing, you will never have a buck patterned especially during the rut, THEY CHANGE hunt him hard and best of luck to you
Old 10-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing he did do was he smelled the trails end # 307 that I put out. As he was walking away he sort of jumped up in the air. Why did he do this? Did he smell where I may have walked. I tried and grunt at him he didnt do a thing. Also I had a doe bleat he didnt respond to it either. Why didnt he respond to either?
Old 10-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe he came across your path, I' ve seen it before. But only you and him know if you stepped there.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Give the area a rest for a few days and he will be back....when you go back be very careful about scent control and try to set up where you can hunt the scrapes.

Quick Reply: please help me over this buck i found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.