Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Decent cold weather reusable gutting gloves >

Decent cold weather reusable gutting gloves

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Decent cold weather reusable gutting gloves

Old 01-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Decent cold weather reusable gutting gloves

I picked up a $30 pair for this year and put them thru the test, I gutted 3 deer this year with the same pair.
I gutted one deer in single digit temps, my hands stayed warm and dry. I thought I’d share.
I am not affiliated with this company.

http://www.biggamegutglove.com/field-dressing-gloves/

bb
Old 01-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used a couple of times dish washing type gloves that had a lining. I have several years ago gone to the shoulder length orange disposable gloves that come with a set of surgical gloves that are worn over the hands of the long gloves. I got them from Cabelas. They give a good grip on the knife handle and I don't get blood on my shirt. I do not worry about cold hands when they are inside the hot insides of a deer. Washing and drying rubber or plastic gloves is a pain in the neck. When I get done gutting I pull the gloves off inside out , both pairs come off, and roll them up and stick them in a trash bag I always carry in my pack. A six pack of the set of gloves is 10 bucks. http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunte...ressing+gloves

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-28-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

Save some money......
I use surgical gloves in temps above freezing.
Atlas commercial fishing gloves for below freezing @ $20.00 per pair, excellent quality.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, same here…don't worry about keeping hands warm while gutting. Insides of the animal pretty much feel HOT when it's cold out AND…how long does it take you to gut a deer? Should only take 5 minutes at the most!
Old 01-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bucktail_Bob
I picked up a $30 pair for this year and put them thru the test, I gutted 3 deer this year with the same pair.
I gutted one deer in single digit temps, my hands stayed warm and dry. I thought I’d share.
I am not affiliated with this company.

http://www.biggamegutglove.com/field-dressing-gloves/

bb
I look forward to gutting my deer out, bare handed, it warms a guys hands up to a cozy temperature after a long cold "single digit" hunt.