Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 shakeing when the deer are there >

shakeing when the deer are there

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shakeing when the deer are there

Old 10-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default shakeing when the deer are there

I just love it when you see a deer even a younger deer and your heart starts pounding and you shake so hard you swear the deer are going to hear you.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shakeing when the deer are there

Thats what its all about.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Just like drugs only its legal.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

as long as i live i will remember my first buck..well only buck to date...there i was , wasn' t shaking to bad...got that lung shot off, after the smoke cleared i saw legs in the air, then it happened i started shaking, the phone rang, i had to hang up and grab hold of the tree i was about to shake myself right out of the climber...litterally.....each time i shake , but that time was horriffic ...haven' t hunted out of a climber since, lol....and i actually climbed about 15-16 foot ..i was so proud, i got that high without freaking....one day i' ll conquer this fear of hieght
Old 10-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That' s why we hunt!!
Old 10-18-2003, 11:25 PM

i dont think theres much that can beat that feeling, and its hard to explain to non-hunters too just what a rush it is. Can still remember my first hunt(3 yrs ago) ended up with a lil buck, shakin soo bad i missed him 3 times and fogged up the scope
Old 10-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Fork Horn

I just love that as well. Because if we didn' t feel like that we' d be dead.
Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 10-21-2003, 07:48 PM

last year i was rattling kind of half a$$ because it was post rut and i didnt expect anything to show up. Figures up over a ridge from a swamp walks a fork horn and stalks walking along the ridge getting further away every step so i take a shot and he runs off, because i missed, but i still couldnt stop shaking. i got buck fever, but its allright because i was only 13
Old 10-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

heck......i wasnt even deer hunting today and i had a nice little buck 40 yards from me and it got my heart going....what a sight that was.....when i quit getting excited and not being able to sleep the night before a big hunt and all the other great emotional things that come with hunting im hanging the guns on the wall....i dont deserve to take an animals life....
Old 10-22-2003, 06:19 AM

You know what is cool also, I still get the shakes, mainly after the shot. Now that my son is huntign for the first time. I shake all over again. My son said to me as a doe approached the other night, " man you really do shake don' t you? " We never got a shot but how cool is it to have the same feelings for someone else! Your right, you can' t understand until you have lived it.

Greg

Quick Reply: shakeing when the deer are there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.