Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Chinese restaurant in PA under investigation, serving wild venison >

Chinese restaurant in PA under investigation, serving wild venison

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Chinese restaurant in PA under investigation, serving wild venison

Old 01-01-2016, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Chinese restaurant in PA under investigation, serving wild venison

Not sure where to put this. I just read in the morning paper(Lancaster Newspaper) that the PA Game Commission received a tip that a Chinese restaurant, the (New China House) in Lititz PA was selling venison from wild deer. When they went into the place they found deer brains and other parts of whitetail deer. They had no receipts from a facility that sells government inspected venison. The next day the dept of Ag went in and found 18 other violations including an unidentified hog part laying on the kitchen counter. It will be interesting to see the follow up when the investigation is complete to see where they got the venison. I recommend not eating there. This is the 2nd Chinese establishment to be prosecuted for selling wild game, several years ago one in Harrisburg was knocked off for selling wild rabbit and some unidentified meat,

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-01-2016 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:24 AM
Banned

bettern cat I guess. I had a chinese lady here, who asked me how she could cook canadian thistles to eat. they'll eat anything.

I guess when the feces hits the fan , they'll probably get by ok
Old 01-01-2016, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear coyote tastes just like dog.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Heck, I wish someone would shoot some more yotes in my area.... If they end up on the buffet oh well..
-Jake
Old 01-01-2016, 05:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cr422
I hear coyote tastes just like dog.
naw ,chicken.

them things may not appeal to some, but I reckon they'll make a turd.
if I were hungry enough ,I'd eat the north end out of a south bound rino.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have unknowingly probably eaten dog/cat or both together. Me, a friend and his wife used to go out to a restaurant on weekends. A local mall had a new Chinese restaurant that we ate at because we were tired of the usual fare. As we ate, we made jokes about dog and cat. About a month later, I came by that same business only to see it closed. I asked a friend that worked there what happened. The health department came in a shut the place down. It was in the news that dog and cat carcasses had been found on premises and that was reason for the closure. I debated telling the friend that went there w/me and when I did, his dry heave was terrible. I am totally particular about Asian restaurants these days. No BS!
Old 01-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Banned

my only question is did you enjoy eating it before you knew what it was?
if so, why would it affect eating it again?

whoops, guess I had two questions.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
my only question is did you enjoy eating it before you knew what it was?
if so, why would it affect eating it again?

whoops, guess I had two questions.
Wasn't sure it was beef. That right there should have prompted me to stop and leave. The audacity of a business doing that is hard to comprehend. Though I lived to tell about, I am particular where my food is concerned. Such would only be good for consumption only if it meant living or dieing. Kind of like that pig bum you previously mentioned.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 01-01-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Wasn't sure it was beef. That right there should have prompted me to stop and leave. The audacity of a business doing that is hard to comprehend. Though I lived to tell about, I am particular where my food is concerned. Such would only be good for consumption only if it meant living or dieing. Kind of like that pig bum you previously mentioned.
lol. yeah that's my thoughts also. all levity aside,if I go to a restaurant and order something, I expect to get what I ordered. not some mystery meat.I believe business owners caught doing such things should be not merely shut down but hung from nearest tree.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always seems odd that when a new Chinese restraint opens, the stray cat/dog population drops!!!!!!!! Not sayn, just sayn!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.