Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer being Spayed

Old 12-14-2015, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer being Spayed

Forgive me if this is in the wrong area.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...ayed/75653590/

Is this ridiculous or what? Seems like a waste of money.

CVG Ohio
Old 12-14-2015, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just about as stupid as it gets, wait till the doe start dying from the stress of tranquilizing and handling them to do the surgery.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just when I think I've seen or heard just about everything along comes this!
Old 12-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I would think Ohio fish and wildlife would have something to say about that. Not sure how deer are viewed in Ohio but around these parts they are not owned by the landowner and are actually deemed a part of the public trust doctrine. F&W has sole authority to regulate them and the only time they become private property is killed during hunting season and legally tagged. I don't see how any municipality or housing sub division could even get a permit to tranquilize them.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

They occasionally do the same thing here in Northern VA. Like you said, a total waste of $...
Old 12-15-2015, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

And after they spayed the deer the females stayed in a constant state of heat because they could not get pregnant which attracted more males. For some reason they have never posted any results for the fiasco in Northern Virginia. There is nothing to prevent other deer from moving into the area.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Another tax payers rip off.
If they have to many deer just trap them and send them to the UP of Michigan to rebuild the herd there. Probably waste just as much tax payer money and help the UP of Michigan deer hunters. The wolves too.

Al
Old 12-15-2015, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I assure you, no deer will be shipped from one state to another by game agencies anymore since CWD appeared. In PA a bunch of bunnie huggers tried to get permission to experiment with birth control medication for deer in highly populated areas. I doubt that will ever happen, besides being totally hit and miss getting the deer to eat the stuff or too much effort to try to use darts to administer the drug, it would be the risk that a deer would be harvested and eaten and it would be risky allowing people to eat them. No game agency should acquiesce to this kind of crap, they are biting the hands that feed them if they do.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

They've done this in several places. All it does is kill some deer with stress and burn up a bunch of $$$. Best thing to do is hold a hunt and thin the herd that way.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

But holding a hunt isn't any fun like PI$$ tax payers money away is.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.