Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Lost a deer for the first time >

Lost a deer for the first time

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lost a deer for the first time

Old 12-19-2015, 05:25 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

I wish you the best DJfan with your family health issues. May your family have as Merry a Christmas as is possible.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
TG 3006 your little dot is red at 5:34AM December 19th 2015, not white.

DJ fan best of luck with that cancer crap. Takes a lot out of people who are related to the ones who have it.
Daughter had it two years ago, brother a year and a half ago and dealing with it again now.

Al
Weird, as it's now white all the time on my screen, rather than red or green, so I wonder what that meaningless feature is for if red and green show on other's screens!

Anyway, what I mentioned as far as knowing the last time a person was on the site is easy by clicking on their username and when they are on it even tells exactly where they are on the site. Most of us probably use that feature to see when a person was on last when a real old thread is brought back up and I also use both when I'm turning in Spammers. Yep, I'm barely up and around that early in the AM unless it's hunting season!

I more than sympathize with what the OP may be going through with the family situation, as I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. However, I'll stick with my feelings regarding the deer situation as the minimal time spent, regardless of not having a blood trail, IMHO was way too short no matter what the situation was. Also, the few times the OP did come back on the site like I stated he never returned to the thread to make a post until now even though we were wondering if he checked his rifle like one member mentioned should have been done in a 60 yard chip shot he had that resulted in him posting. It is what it is, so we can move on to something else while praying that his relative comes through the cancer ordeal okay! I'm dealing with three more cancerous skin locations on my face right now myself, after one on my nose was taken off a few years ago. Next month I go in for surgery to have them removed with a deeper procedure than was used last week. Guys that are outdoors a lot like I am should be using SPF 50 sunscreen at all times and I haven't been doing that very often and have paid the price again. Thank God none were melanoma type, but it's scary until a diagnosis is received from the Lab! Any of the rest of the members that are out a lot, regardless of whether it's hunting, fishing, mowing, etc. really need to do that and not learn the hard way like I have! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and the new year will be upon us quickly!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-19-2015 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-19-2015, 06:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Had a minor basil cell taken off my forehead 2 years ago. Asked why because I am always wearing a hat and the doc said most likely damage was done 20 years ago. I am outside all the time and wear a good sun screen always now. In addition, I keep a long sleeve shirt on while summer fishing in addition to a wide brim hat. The shirts are the light weight sun blocker types the pros use. I even got a face mask when I have to look into a low sun where the hat brim doesn't shade my face. I am on the water or ice over 150 days a year so I get plenty of sun.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Baloney to what I bolded! You may have the site in your favorites, but you're not always logged onto the site as you have stated. All you have to do to verify if a person is on the site is look below their username to see if the circle is red or green. Green is when you're on and red when you're off, unless you deactivate that feature like I did mine and why mine is always white. Right now as I type this your username is red showing you aren't logged on. You can also tell the last time a person was on the site by merely clicking on their username and it tells you the date and time. That's how I knew what I stated in my post that you're contradicting and how I knew exactly when you had been on like I stated. I also know that this is the first time in several days that you've been logged on to the site to even see what's going on because you don't have to make a post and it still shows that last time you were logged on.

Now to the rest of your post! Sorry to hear of the serous family problems, but IMHO there was no reason to bring this thread back up the way you did to say anything more than news about your family. It's now obvious from your retorts that all of our comments trying to help you and tell you to go back out and how to look for that doe weren't listened to and that's too bad. PS: I don't lose sleep over anything, especially you and your muffed deer hunt!
...Edited by Champlain Islander... And you're wrong.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-19-2015 at 07:16 AM. Reason: no name calling please
Old 12-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I have watched this one for a while and want to say all parties have voiced their opinion. Further hashing over the same old issues is counter productive. The deer was lost and the OP feels bad about it. Lets move on.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

DJ,

........... This thread presently is serving no purpose. Right of wrong, you did what you did and no amount of would of , could of, should of, is going to change that. Accept what happened and move on. That's life and hunting isn't perfect......

Last edited by Game Stalker; 12-19-2015 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Due to moderator input while my response was being typed
Old 12-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
DJ,

I don't usually make suggestions that threads should be closed. This thread presently is serving no purpose. Right of wrong, you did what you did and no amount of would of , could of, should of, is going to change that. Accept what happened and move on. That's life and hunting isn't perfect......
I don't like to close threads I would rather have the members understand that further comments are really not needed. Another bit of advice I like to live by.....if there isn't anything good you can say.... don't say it. Sounds like a Yogi ism....
Old 12-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I don't like to close threads I would rather have the members understand that further comments are really not needed. Another bit of advice I like to live by.....if there isn't anything good you can say.... don't say it. Sounds like a Yogi ism....
I don't like making those suggestions. You posted your initial response to the thread, then posted to my response before I edited it. No problem. Life happens.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks...and my previous post wasn't directed at any particular member. Just an off the cuff comment made in a constructive way.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree with first poster!!!

I look everywhere and have recovered deer that left no sign after being hit...

1 hour is no way enough time you owe the animal a lot more respect than that!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.