Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help with buck in rut?

Old 11-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Spike

Default Help with buck in rut?

Ok so we have about 120 acres in a tree program in northeast louisiana. The trees are starting to get pretty big but the underbrush is still really thick. So we basically just hunt the perimeter. I just got a some pics of a Huge 9 pt(at least for me). I know the rut is goin here because I have pics of 2 two small bucks fighting and kina starting to chase the does. Any ideas on how i could get this buck out in the daylight?( or the other 2 small bucks lol)
Old 11-24-2015, 03:52 AM
Spike

Sit in a stand downwind of doe bedding areas
Old 11-24-2015, 04:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

For next year, do some scouting in the trees and find a spot for a stand and get off the ground so you can see.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:16 PM
Spike

My general knowledge is the bucks are where the does are. Have several bucks in my area and just recently saw a new, larger buck coming with and to the does. Just set up where they feed or heavily traveled areas.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Spike

thanks y'all