Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes! >

Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!

Old 10-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!

I had a spot for years that would always get a scrape every year, but it was always under a branch that hung over the trail. Finally one year one of the bucks finally broke the branch off that hung over the trail. That year the spot went cold leading up to rifle season - something that never happened.

I figured there was nothing wrong in trying to revive the spot - so I zip tied a branch to the tree, and opened a small spot on the ground for a mock scrape. I setup my trail camera there, and watched as they started using that spot again!

As you can see... it works!

I didn't use any scents....

What tips or tricks do you use for your mock scrapes?
Old 10-31-2015, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

It worked, good video!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gjersy
It worked, good video!
It was like a "welcome home" door mat for the deer.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

No other comments? Nobody else does this?

I'd love to hear if you do something similar... or different... I'm always open to more ideas!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Spike

Default Mock scrpaes pay off

I put up a mock scrape last sunday didnt get much attention till saturday and sunday when the dominant buck in the area tore it all to pieces and made 4 more scrapes within 50 yds of the mock scrape and my stand. Right at dusk he came out to make another scrape 30 yds from stand. Got him.
Attached Thumbnails Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!-2015bowkill.jpg  
Old 11-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

That's a dandy afterpopeandyoungs, Do you know the age of it?
Old 11-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Great video and those are some nice bucks. Smart to give them that branch again. I bet it will re-appear again next year. I bet the average person wouldn't have thought to do that. Slammer buck afterpope.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Spike

i havent aged him yet taxidermy man always does it for me. But he isnt a young pup i know that.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to tell from that angle afterpopeandyoungs but I would have to guess around 4.5-5.5. His muzzle still looks a little longer than a 6.5-7.5 but then again it could just be the angle of that pic. Still, very respectable buck there bud.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:55 AM
Spike

Default Mock Scrapes

I have been doing this for years now. Another tip is if you don't have a scrape started where you want your stand to be find a bucks scrape and cut off the licking branch and move it to where you want to. He will think it is one of his original scrapes and continue to use it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.