Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Self Indulgence

Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Self Indulgence

I wanted to thank each and every one of you for your input here.

In particular; Keepkid who was the first to help me here, Ridge for his long range insights & help with AR’s, NoMercy for his detailed responses on EVERYTHING, BHW for posting his predator kills (This guy is famous) & DIY for his craftsmanship & pictorials - just to name a few.

PLEASE continue to share your experiences with all who are willing to learn.

I know blogging can be a rough and tumble game, but I am for free speech (Don’t be scared) !!!

I sometimes miss “Relentless” ……………here is my favorite from him.

Try to remember that there was a time when YOU didn’t know ANYTHING either.

As for me, I am indebted to YOU ALL (yes, even the MODS) !!!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

I have to admit I was taken aback when I saw you repeatedly throwing your gun to the ground like that. The way it was shooting I would say you have a "bomb proof" weapon there! Nice shooting.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mackesr,

That video is NOT of me (please)!

That's a guy who use to "contribute" on Huntingnet, but would get kicked off every other day.

He would sign back up using a different name every time he got banned - One of the "handles" he used was Relentless - Great name for him LOL

As you can tell by the video he is "colorful", to say the least !!!
Old 10-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL That wasn't Sheridan in the video. That was a poster "relentless" being stupid. I absolutely HATE seeing a firearm being abused like that for no reason whatsoever other than to act stupid. Found nothing funny about it. Every time he tossed that rifle I wanted to reach through the screen and wring his neck.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
LOL That wasn't Sheridan in the video. That was a poster "relentless" being stupid. I absolutely HATE seeing a firearm being abused like that for no reason whatsoever other than to act stupid. Found nothing funny about it. Every time he tossed that rifle I wanted to reach through the screen and wring his neck.
I thought the video was funny. I also think it can be educational for some showing that it is possible to have good equipment that can take a beating and still deliver.

As to him abusing the rifle - he endangered no one. So he paid for it and he owns it. So he can do whatever he wants with it. It wasn't anything rare or unique so it could be replaced.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

.....What was he thinking?
Old 10-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have only broke one gun to the point it was junk and that was a replica 1861 navy .36 caliber muzzleloader. Front sights are the only thing on a modern firearm I have had to change due to everyday field abuse. Still I don't like the idea of purposely dropping/throwing guns except for showcasing their durability by experienced people.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

It's his rifle, he can do as he pleases as long as it's legal. He was being safe, and again.... his rifle. Good old Relentless...
-Jake