Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Seriously, I am possibly the biggest idiot to ever walk the face of the planet! >

Seriously, I am possibly the biggest idiot to ever walk the face of the planet!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Seriously, I am possibly the biggest idiot to ever walk the face of the planet!

Old 10-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Seriously, I am possibly the biggest idiot to ever walk the face of the planet!

Ok, I am sharing this because I trust you all can keep this to yourselves. (yeah right) I will probably never live this down as long as I live. If anyone else has done this, let me know, it would make me feel alot less stupid. First, as some of you may know, I am new to hunting as of about a month, which makes me feel all the more a total and complete RETARD.
Growing up as a kid, I was very familiar with poison Ivy, but never did get poison oak, so I didn' t recognize it this last Saturday when I went out hunting. I was having a great time just exploring around and trying to learn what to look for when deer hunting, when suddenly, nature called. There was nothing I could do about it, I had to go. So, I set my gun down and found a good spot, and proceeded to do my duty. Unbeknownst to me, out of all the leaves in the forrest, I just HAD to pick a vine of poison oak to pluck leaves off of as needed[]. After going through maybe 3 or 4 leaves, I was done, and continued about my day as planned[:-].
It wasn' t until Sunday morning I had realized that I had made a very, very bad mistake[X(], and was going to pay dearly for my ignorance and inexperience. I just wan' t to say, I' m doing ok, no need to make any phone calls, or send any cards, I' ll be.......ok. There is nothing, not even poison oak in the rump, that can deter me from my newfound love of hunting. I will carry on, I will be strong![:' (]
Old 10-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seriously, I am possibly the biggest idiot to ever walk the face of the planet!

I won' t tell anyone Nathan. Now maybe you better read up on chiggers before you have to go number 1!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:03 AM

Default RE: Seriously, I am possibly the biggest idiot to ever walk the face of the planet!

nice job sparky. now you know what they look like. stay away from them!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:03 AM
Matriarch Doe!

Cheer up, Nathan! It could be worse....umm....well....No, I don' t think it could!!!heeheeheehee! Sorry! That' s just too funny! Someday you' ll look back on this and laugh! Really---I think!
Old 10-16-2003, 01:02 AM

Nathan, sorry to hear about your misadventure. I' ve had more than my share of run-ins with the evil vines. Two stand out the most. The first was when I was a teen and hunting with my brothers and some of their friends that brought their sons to thier first hunt. As kids love to throw things in the campfire, they threw some wood in that they found in the woods nearby. One of my brothers and I decided to bed down by the fire since it was a mild night and we both ended up with cases of internal poison ivy. Our faces swelled so much in the next couple of days that our eyes closed and we couldn' t see a thing. We had to visit a local med clinic for shots and our bill arrived home before we did. Made for some nervous parents. The second time was a when hanging a lock-on stand while bear hugging a tree in a short sleeve shirt. I hunted that trip with gauze wrapped around both of my forearms. I learned the hard way to check the tree before hunting from it for vines. Sorry to be so long winded in this, but you brought back memories. Hope you' re well soon. Hydrocortizone is your friend.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:35 AM

Experienc, Experience, Another lesson learned... As long as you have learn something from this experience you will be good to go. If it happens agian I wouldnt tell anyone
Old 10-16-2003, 04:11 AM

LOL. Yea I feel sure you gonna hear something later down the road that will remind you to stay away from those vines. Thanks for the laugh. Good way to start my day. And yes, I have had poison oak and poison ivy. I know to pains. Wait till you first run-in with chiggers. LOL
Old 10-16-2003, 05:04 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem. Next time bring some paper with you.

I am not alergic to PI and also have never had it. I grew up playing in the woods and down by the beach, but never ever had an alergic reaction to PI.

I hope you recover soon....

Tom
Old 10-16-2003, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Dont worry mate, once my dogs bailed up a good sized pig in some bush nettles and i had to go in and get it, i was sick for days and my brother had to take the dogs to the vet. so i know how ya feel nath.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:51 AM
New Sheriff

You say you are new to hunting, well that is obvious because of your rookie mistake. Your hunting checklist should go something like this....

Gun
Bullets
Toilet Paper
etc....

Quick Reply: Seriously, I am possibly the biggest idiot to ever walk the face of the planet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.