Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lok

Old 08-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Spike

Default Scent Lok

How many of you use Scent Lok? I was thinking about getting a jacket and pants.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Unless you learn how not to breathe, you will still be putting out scent. I don't use any of that stuff. Lots of folks do though.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Spike

yes thats true...I am just trying to figure out something to at least combat all the hot weather we have here in MS. Seems like the wind is always swirling during our bow season and isn't consistent. Sometimes drenched in sweat just getting into the tree.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh yeah, it gets a bit steamy in MS,I was in Gulf Port in the summer when I was in the Navy. It would be hard for me to hunt deer when it is that hot. I won't even hunt geese in our early season in Sept because it is hot. I will hunt doves in shorts but not geese.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tha bugman
yes thats true...I am just trying to figure out something to at least combat all the hot weather we have here in MS. Seems like the wind is always swirling during our bow season and isn't consistent. Sometimes drenched in sweat just getting into the tree.
To me all the scent block clothing is a gimmick. I'm from MS as well & I know what you mean about the heat & humidity down here. I'll bow hunt a few times, but I can't stand sitting in the stand & sweating! ha Your best bet with covering your scent is hunting the wind. The wind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Just depends on which way it's blowing.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Banned

go with under armour. They have a large assortment of hunting gear. It comes with built in scent elimination as does scent lok but under armour works better for me and most of their jackets are very breathable