Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Buck pic

Old 07-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big Buck pic

Having fun watching this guy's rack grow over the summer.

Last edited by BarnesX.308; 07-26-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice! I got a couple I have been watching but I havnt checked my cameras in like two weeks, they closed the woods here because it is so dry. I cant wait to get back to it and see how they are coming along. It finally rained here last night so maybe they will remove the restrictions.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

He sure is getting pretty Barnes. I still say let him walk this year and let him make you a few more bruisers like him! He's still a youngin. I know it's hard not to pull the trigger on a bruiser like that, believe me, my trigger finger would be having a heart attack with that sucker in my sights. But that property you hunt on is pretty restricted if I read you correctly so you wouldn't have to worry too much about another hunter getting him.

Oh and one other small thing,,,,,,FIX YA DANG DATES ON YA CAMERAS!!!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a very good chance that nobody shoots him. We average around 5 bucks a year and usually have about 30 legal bucks on cams as well as a handful of spikes and forks.

With that being said, my biggest buck was 120" and I have not got a buck since 2008 so I will not be able to resist.

I may get buck fever and miss, though.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally went and checked my cameras yesterday, it was raining so I figured it was safe to go back in the woods. I don't know if the lifted our restrictions yet or not but I went any way, I figured hell with it, it was pouring rain, fire unlikely. This is the guy I have been watching all year." />

Here he was yesterday morning, still coming in like clock work." />

And here is the big boy that keeps dodging my camera, I have seen him about a half dozen times and have caught him running by my camera but I have never got a good picture of him. This is the best picture, other than video that I have of him, and this is still blurry, but you can see he is a nice buck, a shooter in my opinion, for sure. This was Saturday morning." />
Old 07-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take him.

Ive had mine out a month now and have about 20 different nice bucks but no monsters yet.

This deer has the low sitting G2s that are typical of a genetic on the farm and likely to sprout flyers soon.

Low sitting G2s from the buck I shot a couple years ago

A lot of the deer are in beans right now and we have none on this farm so I'm hoping when the deer pull their "disappearing act" its because they are going where I'm hunting.

Last edited by rockport; 07-27-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta love it when they grow them some "Back Scratchers"
Old 07-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Gotta love it when they grow them some "Back Scratchers"
I hope to get some pictures of that buck with his hear straight so I can see if he has anything starting off those G2s.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Usually we don't see many nice bucks in the summer. They start coming out of nowhere in October. The last 6 years we have been planting the two big fields we have in clover and turnips. Most of our land is overgrown clear cut so the bucks can remain hidden if they want. Plenty of food and cover. But the fields are drawing a couple out early.