HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   I think I need a stand here. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/399677-i-think-i-need-stand-here.html)

rockport 06-10-2015 05:42 PM

Well why don't you paste this thread there and see who they think the problem is?

Topgun 3006 06-10-2015 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by rockport (Post 4201947)
Well why don't you paste this thread there and see who they think the problem is?

Why don't you do it yourself and take a hike with it while you're at it, LOL!

rockport 06-10-2015 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 (Post 4201949)
Why don't you do it yourself and take a hike with it while you're at it, LOL!

And add to the list of people you have chased away from this site? No thanks.

Now if you don't mind I was trying to have a hunting discussion.

Topgun 3006 06-10-2015 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by rockport (Post 4201960)
And add to the list of people you have chased away from this site? No thanks.
Now if you don't mind I was trying to have a hunting discussion.

That makes about as much sense as if my dead dog had typed it, LOL! Here we go again with you accusing me of doing something that runs people off when you don't agree with a post I make! However, it usually involves someone making a post that appears to have maybe violated a law that you don't think is any big deal and most of the rest of us do and have commented as such! The big problem here is that everyone on this thread was having a nice discussion about that buck until you decided to make your second post reiterating that you wouldn't shoot it, but he could go right ahead and do it if he didn't care about shooting mature deer like you do. That is condescending and argumentative whether you think it is or not! I have never told anyone on any thread that they shot something they shouldn't have as long as it was legal or to not shoot something like you did on this thread just because it might have been something smaller than I would shoot. As long at it's legal it's up to the individual hunter just as it is on this thread if the guy decides to shoot that buck that you don't think is mature. End of discussion! Have a good evening what's left of it and you can come back with more baloney, but I'm done here and people can see just by reading the thread what has happened here!

Oldtimr 06-11-2015 03:46 AM

RP, it takes two to make an argument. You post you don't think the deer are mature yet. Fine, they aren't mature enough for you. TG comments that they are big enough for many people who are not as descrinimating about what they take, many have never seen a deer in their sights as nice as those deer are going to be when they harden up. TG's post didn't require a resonse, it was simply a true statement and you take it as an afront and continue. As far as the accusations of chasing people away, if disagreements chase people away, you are just as responsible for it as anyone else on this site, not that I agree anyone is being chased away, that accusation is just a way to try to shut someone up. Before you throw a stone at someone, make sure you arent seeing your own reflection in the mirror. If you want to argue go for it,no problem, but if you are arguing because of what you consider an afront to you, ego, don't pull the crap that the other guy is chasing people away hoping the moderators will step in and punish the other guy, accept your part as well. And yes we have disagreed as well, thing is, I don't take it personally and want you banned because you don't conceed a point.
You know a lot about guns and ballistics, those are things that are tangible. However when the discussion is about personal preferences an opposite opinion is not necessarily an affront to yours.

rockport 06-11-2015 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4201987)
RP, it takes two to make an argument. You post you don't think the deer are mature yet. Fine, they aren't mature enough for you. TG comments that they are big enough for many people who are not as descrinimating about what they take, many have never seen a deer in their sights as nice as those deer are going to be when they harden up. TG's post didn't require a resonse, it was simply a true statement and you take it as an afront and continue. As far as the accusations of chasing people away, if disagreements chase people away, you are just as responsible for it as anyone else on this site, not that I agree anyone is being chased away, that accusation is just a way to try to shut someone up. Before you throw a stone at someone, make sure you arent seeing your own reflection in the mirror. If you want to argue go for it,no problem, but if you are arguing because of what you consider an afront to you, ego, don't pull the crap that the other guy is chasing people away hoping the moderators will step in and punish the other guy, accept your part as well. And yes we have disagreed as well, thing is, I don't take it personally and want you banned because you don't conceed a point.
You know a lot about guns and ballistics, those are things that are tangible. However when the discussion is about personal preferences an opposite opinion is not necessarily an affront to yours.

Try some objectivity. No way you can actually read this thread with an objective view and think I am the problem.

I made sure in my first post to state it was a matter of preference and opinion. If there was any post that had no point besides to argue it was very clearly TG response to that and yes after that I felt the need to reiterate I wasn't twisting anybodies arm or telling the which way was right or wrong.

Take a stroll through TG post history......its argument after rude comment after argument. He should absolutely be banned IMO. He breaks the rules over and over all the while trying to police every body else.

Topgun 3006 06-11-2015 06:49 AM

Oldtimr---Please just drop it and have a good day, as there is no sense in getting into it with him when the post of mine that he refers to that got his panties in a wad in the first place was actually agreeing with him, LOL! If he only wants to shoot Booner bucks, I have no problem with that and he lives in an area where it's very possible. To tell a guy like he did that he wouldn't shoot that buck, but to go ahead and shoot it before it gets to what he would call mature was an affront to the guy IMHO and I told him so! It was my opinion and all this is just over a picture where he disagrees with people about a particular deer being a shooter and has to continue to always get in the last word. He's very typical of the younger generation nowadays that won't accept any responsibility because it's always someone else's fault when stuff happens, sort of like who we have in the White House at the present time! If people got banned just for having different opinions from others on various subjects, there would be about half the members on this site that there are and if I broke site rules all the time like he stated I wouldn't still be posting. This member has been into it with me a number of times, as well as several other older members where he has disagreed with their opinions too. Instead of going on with life, he takes it to a personal level like he has here and it always ends up where everyone is to blame but him!

MudderChuck 06-11-2015 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by rockport (Post 4202001)
Try some objectivity. No way you can actually read this thread with an objective view and think I am the problem.

I made sure in my first post to state it was a matter of preference and opinion. If there was any post that had no point besides to argue it was very clearly TG response to that and yes after that I felt the need to reiterate I wasn't twisting anybodies arm or telling the which way was right or wrong.

Take a stroll through TG post history......its argument after rude comment after argument. He should absolutely be banned IMO. He breaks the rules over and over all the while trying to police every body else.

It's not about objectivity, it is about control. I can picture one busting in a door, shooting the dog and throwing a grenade in the babies room. The other, a bureaucrat, who sits at a desk and is all about control and self promotion. Sometimes they are a tag team, sometimes leader and toady.

I kind of agree with you for a different reason. I'd have to watch them in person to be sure, one looks like it has bone problems (calcium, phosphate? ). I hunt different than you do. I let the best bucks go to propagate, cull the obvious failures or animals that are unlikely to evolve normally or survive. I harvest around eighteen moths for meat. Judging the breeders in the middle years can be a tough one.

Good antler development is a factor, but not always the deciding factor in my mind, though it is an indicator of all around general health. As often as not it is a non issue anyway, because if you don't harvest them somebody else is likely to.

X_Rayted35 06-12-2015 07:18 PM

super_hunt54 06-12-2015 07:42 PM

Playing Devils advocate here a smidge so don't bite my damn head off. That buck looks a bit on the young side. Maybe a 3 to 3.5. I don't know where the poster is located so I have no way of knowing the typical body structure as a basis for age judgement. Just going by best guess. And yes location does definitely matter. Northern and Midwestern deer tend to look a little different in body structure than say South Texas. Not only much larger in body weight but also they tend to get the "sway" a little later than the little southern deer.

Anyway, Devils advocate, if the OP wants to get good genetics going on his property, then shooting 3-3.5 year old bucks sure aint the best way to do it. That buck looks promising to say the least. If I were managing that property for a good strong gene pool I would definitely let that bad boy get some more age on him and let him "spread" those genetics around. Actually they both look pretty good. I personally could care less about racks other than trying to manage a herd for health. And good quality racks are a sign of good genes, food, and all around general health. Old saying, "If shoot all the princes, you will never have a king".