Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where do you buy your gear?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Spike

Default Where do you buy your gear?

Hey I'm doing a little research for a project, and have a couple of questions for you.

Where do you buy most of your hunting gear/equipment? Online or in a store? Why? What's your least favorite part of the process?
Old 05-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer waffles over pancakes as each cell of the waffle tends to capture a small amount of syrup.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

It depends on what it is I'm buying. A lot of things are online from Cabelas because of their great customer service and return policy, although that has decreased after they went public. I will not buy footwear or clothes online, as I want to look at the actual product and try it on for a perfect fit before I make the purchase. I do that most of the time at a Cabelas store when I'm in an area close to one during hunting trips. Paying for it is obviously the least favorite part whether it's online or in the store!
Old 05-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I prefer waffles over pancakes as each cell of the waffle tends to capture a small amount of syrup.
Oops! You mistakenly posted on the wrong forum! :P
This one is probably more your style!
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Waffle-Lovers-Annomoymus-for-those-addicted-to-waffles-P/110418348972219?id=110418348972219&refsrc=https%3A %2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FWaffle-Lovers-Annomoymus-for-those-addicted-to-waffles-P%2F110418348972219
Old 05-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
It depends on what it is I'm buying. A lot of things are online from Cabelas because of their great customer service and return policy, although that has decreased after they went public. I will not buy footwear or clothes online, as I want to look at the actual product and try it on for a perfect fit before I make the purchase. I do that most of the time at a Cabelas store when I'm in an area close to one during hunting trips. Paying for it is obviously the least favorite part whether it's online or in the store!
Thanks for your reply! Aside from paying for stuff, is there anything else about buying online that isn't fun for you?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

#1 Cabela's

#2 Bravo Company

#3 Opticsplanet

#4 Individual links for specialty items

BUY it once - look at ALL the reviews and get a lifetime warranty when at all possible !!!
Old 05-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like Topgun, will not buy footwear unless I try it on first. Clothes and equip from Cabelas and Sportsmans guide and local sportings goods stores and ammo from Graff and Sons online and from local sporting goods stores. As far as fun, I do not consider shopping as fun either in person or online, just a necessary task.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Spike

Thank you all for your responses! I'm trying to identify what is the most painful, least enjoyable aspect of buying hunting gear online(besides actually spending your hard earned money).
Old 05-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, not in the wrong section. See far too many posts like this where someone comes here, asks a few questions and then never comes back. Since my post was off topic, I am at least glad you picked that out.

For me, I buy hunting equipment in store but use online to check reviews and stock status. Bass Pro, Cabelas, Gander Mountain are all within a little drive for me and sometimes I will even go to the store, try on the gear i want and then find the gear at a better price online, most of the time i will buy it at the store though. Biggest issue for me would be the massive amount of gear that is available when alot of them are identical through and through and the pricing is getting ridiculous due to gimmicks.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I much prefer honey over syrup on my pancakes waffles and French toast. I prefer peanut butter and honey sandwiches over peanut butter and jam.

I buy a bunch from Williams Gun sight Company Davison Michigan.

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/

Also use the fishing tackle grab bag also Davison Michigan. They carry good warm clothing ideal for ice fishing and hunting.

Hate to buy crap made in China and watch for that made in the USA tag for top quality foot wear.

Also like the store within 50 to 75 miles so I can take things back that are not what I felt they were when I bought.

Stopped going to Gander Mountain, all reloading supply's locked up and impossible to get someone to unlock it. Only cost maybe a quarter more at Williams.

Stopped going to Bass Pro Shop is in a shopping mall near a big city and caters to city slickers and rich people.

Cabelas is to far away and to have them ship stuff is stupid costly when they refuse to us flat rate USPS shipping to save me 20.00 in shipping cost.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 05-21-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.