Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
productive scouting hike today--nice shed and more >

productive scouting hike today--nice shed and more

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

productive scouting hike today--nice shed and more

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default productive scouting hike today--nice shed and more

Took a hike along a property and found all kinds of good things:

A very nice drop tine shed. Good mass and tine length.

A place where deer get funneled to scale a steep bluff. It happens to also be an intersection with another well-used trail.

A lot of tracks.

Two big does.

And, to top it off, two turkeys. I'll be walking this property some more and just might have to buy a permit.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:07 AM
Spike

Awesome, Got a picture of the shed you found?
Old 04-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might be able to come up with a pic or two. I'm debating whether it's from this year or last. The rodents did a little gnawing on it, but I would expect more if from two winters ago.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Father Forkhorn
I might be able to come up with a pic or two. I'm debating whether it's from this year or last. The rodents did a little gnawing on it, but I would expect more if from two winters ago.
In your neck of the woods Fork, It is highly doubtful you would find much if any shed left from last years shed. Too many little critters around there that like the calcium and other goodies in them to last long. Even squirrels gnaw at them.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow a drop tine shed! It's fun hiking this time of year as the sheds stick out. My wife and daughter found a nice shed that i walked right over the other night. It was her 1st shed find. Yes post a pic Fatherforkhorn.