Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Whats the biggest buck you ever have seen in the wild? >

Whats the biggest buck you ever have seen in the wild?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats the biggest buck you ever have seen in the wild?

Old 10-13-2003, 06:11 PM

Default Whats the biggest buck you ever have seen in the wild?

I remember years ago when I was just a young lad I was hunting with my dad and we were walking threw this field during rabbit season. Off in the distance it looked like a tree stump with 2 big branches sitting there. The only thing was there were no stumps in that field, and the next thing you know it got up and ran. All I can tell ya I will never forget that day It was the biggest rack I have ever seen and probably will ever see. Dont know how many points or the spread to far off to tell. Something me and dad still talk about 25 years later
Old 10-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the biggest buck you ever have seen in the wild?

A couple of years ago I saw a deer that would probably go 160 +/- running across the road as I drove to work. This was near Graterford prison in Montgomery County PA.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-14-2003, 08:11 AM

I saw one years ago feeding under an apple tree near my house. It had at least 12 points, probably much more than that (have no clue about score), and a huge body. Would have been at least 280 pounds dressed I am sure.

Saw one last year while driving to my hunting spot that was a real monster. He crossed the road at the edge of the headlights. I couldn' t see the rack very well but he was a huge buck. He would dress out darn close to 300#, maybe a bit more. You don' t see deer that size everyday!
Old 10-14-2003, 08:22 AM

Quite a few in the 150-160' s out in texas and in georgia easy 160' s twice one time during the freezing rain on thanksgiving in 2001
Old 10-14-2003, 09:01 AM

I saw a pair of big bucks feeding in a field the day before gun season about 10 or 12 years ago. The smaller got shot and he scored in the high 150' s. The other probably would be around 170 or so.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:21 AM

well livin in saskatchewan and farming i' ve had the pleasure of spening a lot of time in my fields and i have seen some absolute monsters. But they always seem to appear in august or july then come november they' ve vanished far back into the bush. I honestly can' t tell u how many bucks i' ve seen well over 150 but it has been quite a few. Usually they will pop out of a slough or come out of the bush when your baling or swathing but in hunting season, no that would be too easy. Biggest one this year was in august he was a 1/4 mile from my house and when i saw him my buddy had to pick my jaw up for me. well into the 170' s but i have looked for that buck quite often since that day and never again caught a glimpse of the beast.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:31 AM

Saw a bruiser for NJ about fifteen years ago. Non-typical, there were antlers going every which way, and he dwarfed all the does and lesser busks around him. About the only time I saw a deer that I would say beyond a shadow it was well over 200 lbs. The bad part, when he turned and ran away, there was an arrow hanging from his shoulder blade. I hunt the neighboring properites and never heard of anyone getting this monster. There are always BIG busks on the property as it is 3000 acres of swamps and bottomland that nobody is allowd to hunt.

Greg
Old 10-14-2003, 11:47 AM

coming home one nite from a softball game i was driving and i saw a huge fricking deer, i wanted to get a better look at it so i pointed my car towards the deer on the road and the girl in the car with me was yelling b/c there was another car coming and all i wanted to do was see the deer. i think it was at least a 12 pointer cus i saw 5 points on one side not including the eye guards. all i know is that it was the biggest buck that i have ever seen. who_else
Old 10-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year, archery season was 3 weeks. First week off in the distance thru the trees in the swamp I got a glimpse of a big antlered deer. the following weekend I put my stand at the other end of the treeline and saw the deer again but it was between here and wher I wasthe previous week. 3rd weekend I put my stand between the 2 spots and around 10:30 I heard a noise , turned and looked and I saw it walk between 2 bushes. I had a lit cigarrette in my hand my bow was across my lap and I didn' t have an arrow nocked. it was 10 feet from the tree I was in 15 feet up!

Opening daythis year I saw someone who I knew hunted the same area, and he says...You didn' t see the deer I got last muzzle season(2 weeks after archery) did ya? He shows me a picture.... 147 pounds, and 152 inches! Ya gotsta realize this is Florida and our deer are smaller. This was a huge buck by our standards! It was the same deer I saw!~I was pissed but happy for him.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:06 PM

I saw a wide non-typical this summer. Inside spread was certainly way over 20 inches. The rack was heavy, but his tines were not tall. Two years ago I saw a nice clean racked buck that was likely in the 160' s.

Quick Reply: Whats the biggest buck you ever have seen in the wild?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.