Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Nebraska mule deer public land help >

Nebraska mule deer public land help

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nebraska mule deer public land help

Old 02-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Spike

Default Nebraska mule deer public land help

Any help I could get on finding public land to hunt mule deer in western Nebraska. Which public land can I camp on? Are there any places that are not as crowded.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck. Sorry to tell you, but Nebraska has to have some of the worst hunting for people without access to land. Most of Nebraska is privately owned and most (not all) landowners are pretty hesitant to open it up for hunting to strangers. There is very little public land and most is over crowded. I'd look up by chadron for your best shot, piney ridge area...probably your biggest expanse of public land. Had a buddy elk hunting up there. They got access to places, but it came with hefty trophy fees if you took an animal...