Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Post season trail cam surveys? >

Post season trail cam surveys?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post season trail cam surveys?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Spike

Default Post season trail cam surveys?

Who does post season surveys with trail cams over corn piles??? What are your experiences with them?? How long will a bag of corn last?? The reason I ask, I am doing it this year and am
Totally stoked... I am hunting 300 acres and have 6 cams on deer trails surrounding the property..
Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Don't need a trail cam and corn will change the deer's pattern any way.
Just walk in the woods and see where they are going in the snow and if you use your eyes you will see the limbs on shrubs they have nipped off the pawing in the snow under oak trees to get acorns, pawning in the snow to get a bit of green and dry grass and weeds. Find their beds in the snow where it has melted from their body heat loss.

Al
Old 01-09-2015, 03:19 AM
Spike

Not looking for beds.... Surveying who made it and who did not..
Old 01-09-2015, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Land and trail cams ?

I'd check out - growing deer. tv on the internet.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

I keep my cams and feeders going until the bucks sheds and its starts to warm up....... I like knowing as well what I have for next years crop

Good luck
Old 01-13-2015, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

I just took mine down. I had it up until about a week ago, just to see who all still made it.

Got this one: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trai...il-camera.html
Old 01-15-2015, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

It is the easiest way to see what made it through but could change their behavior if supplemental feeding is used for too long. Also keep in mind corn is not always the best to use, instead mix some soybeans and/or oats in with the corn. As far as how long a bag will last, that is up to the amount of deer that use the area. I will say as deer find the feed more will follow. The area I feed in I could dump 50 lbs a day and it would not be enough.