Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
The demise of the whitetail challenge. >

The demise of the whitetail challenge.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The demise of the whitetail challenge.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Exactly right Jag, and don't rationalize that your shortcut is better or more moral than someone elses shortcut.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the record I don't think there is anything morally wrong with baiting.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
I noticed that the OP has not been here in several days! Just started sheet and hauled arse! Poor boy, 26 years old, already burnt out on hunting because others don't do things his way! Wah, wah, wah!
If it is legal, we have a choice to make. If it's illegal we don't have a choice!
Haha. Very laughable. Its called being a passionate outdoorsman with waterfowl season ending the 25th. I been busy working then on the water when not. I applaud you for your last two sentences, thats some information I never knew, can you tell me where you where able to find it?
Old 01-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Immel007
Its called being a passionate outdoorsman
A passionate outdoorsman supports hunters rights as long as it's legal! They don't whine about how others are doing it! It sounds to me like the sour grapes of someone shooting a buck you thought was yours! If you really want a challenge, whittle yourself a bow and some arrows and put on a loin-cloth and go hunting!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

"The demise of the Whitetail challenge" drama much? I bait, my neighbors bait and many public hunters bait on the county land surrounding my property. Of the mature bucks i've shot only one was over bait. Of the few big bucks that show up at my small corn pile, almost all are there way after hunting hours. In my neighborhood baiting does not get nor guarantee the mature bucks, my bait does yield a nice doe or fork horn from time to time.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Spike

Okay, your right if they allow assault rifles and night hunting for deer ill be all for it bc itll be legal. No, I stand up for things I believe in not what others say I should. And to the PP, thats very easy to understand since there is much baiting in you area. The mature deer will get smart quick and it will not be a big draw. In an area with two small crop fields in roughly 10 sq miles and only one party baiting, it is a much different situation. It is legal, luckily however due to many complaints that may change in ny state at some point soon. I wanted some opinions on why some preferred baiting/similar experiences/disliked baiting/etc. I got them and now like most threads, its been trolled lol

Last edited by Immel07; 01-27-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Spike

This is why just read threads. Op asks a single question in original post and now its beyond where the trolls have come out to play and disregarded how it got to this point. Lol
Old 01-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Immel07
Okay, your right if they allow assault rifles and night hunting for deer ill be all for it bc itll be legal. No, I stand up for things I believe in not what others say I should. And to the PP, thats very easy to understand since there is much baiting in you area. The mature deer will get smart quick and it will not be a big draw. In an area with two small crop fields in roughly 10 sq miles and only one party baiting, it is a much different situation. It is legal, luckily however due to many complaints that may change in ny state at some point soon. I wanted some opinions on why some preferred baiting/similar experiences/disliked baiting/etc. I got them and now like most threads, its been trolled lol
So Who is a troll? Me? Who? Which state allows night hunting for deer? Who's the troll?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who's the troll? There are hundreds of threads for and against baiting. There is absolutely no reason for a newbie to start a new one, other than to stir the pot! Also, stooping to compare baiting to night hunting, is far beyond stretching reality!
Normally, I am very welcoming of new members to the board, and I'll welcome you too, Immel07! But, if you are here just to divide legal hunters, please take your garbage elsewhere! It's enough to fight off anti-hunters/gunners, without having to fight off the "holier-than-thou," crowd too!
Together we stand, divided we fall!
P.S. Immel07, I didn't make up the last sentence or find it in any long-lost book! Just common sense!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

OP....You can always come out west, and hunt for mule deer if you want a different challenge.

No bait, no tree stands, just tall mountains, and millions of acres of public land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.