Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2014 Gun Success

Old 12-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2014 Gun Success

The first one here is nine pointer i shot about 2 weeks ago. The second is a 12 pointer my buddy got this past sunday. The 12 only has a 15 inch spread but is a brute.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Gun Success-my-9-2-.jpg   2014 Gun Success-cory-12.jpg   2014 Gun Success-cory-s-12.jpg  
Old 12-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Very nice bucks! How far was the shot with the pistol?
Old 12-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Pistol shot was about 25 yards. It's my first year hunting with a handgun so i'm not too confident beyond that yet. I havent shot enoguh. Surprised I was able to even hit this one.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by woodenb14 View Post
Pistol shot was about 25 yards. It's my first year hunting with a handgun so i'm not too confident beyond that yet. I havent shot enoguh. Surprised I was able to even hit this one.
One way to gain confidence with a handgun, is go squirrel hunting with a .22 handgun.
I use a .22 Taurus Tracker, and/or a Ruger .22 Govt Target Model Bull barrel.
When you get good at shooting squirrels in a tree with a handgun, shooting a deer is in the bag.
Practicing at small targets, makes hitting big targets easier.
Don't aim for the deer, aim for a spot on the deer.
Congratulations on a handgun deer.