Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Feeders and Mineral blocks

Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Spike

Thanks everybody I appreciate the input is there any certain breed of radish or turnip deer like more... just for future reference
Old 12-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bait laws in the states

http://lucky-buck.com/state-regulati...aiting-feeding
Old 12-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default Baiting/feeding game animals

Originally Posted by fritz1
Both, its illegal to use or hunt over them in the state of Idaho.
Montana is the same. Also, Montana does not have a special black powder or muzzleloader season, but we do have some areas where centerfire rifles are not allowed but BP rifles, shotguns or straight walled pistols are...but the BP rifles are limited to some of the same rules as fritz posted Idaho has, as are our archery regulations.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by turke7
Check your state laws. Some allow hunting deer over bait, others it can be out just not hunted over, or any bait/feeders must be removed something like 10days before the start of the season.
in the part of GA[Northern zone] I hunt in it is legal to feed year round as long as you are over 200yds away and it must be out of the line of sight, but if you are going to hunt that area your comment is spot on.....

In south GA you can hunt right on top of a pile of corn...
Old 12-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ojibwa
in the part of GA[Northern zone] I hunt in it is legal to feed year round as long as you are over 200yds away and it must be out of the line of sight, but if you are going to hunt that area your comment is spot on.....

In south GA you can hunt right on top of a pile of corn...
I wonder how or who came up with that northern "out of sight" requirement, as it seems awfully silly and unenforceable.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Spike

In Missouri we can as long as you remove any food 10 days before you hunt

Last edited by BigDan05; 12-04-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I wonder how or who came up with that northern "out of sight" requirement, as it seems awfully silly and unenforceable.
same guys who came up with the new rules regulating doe harvest.. the whole month of Dec doe's are off limits unless you hunt with a bow then you can still kill as many as you want [up to 10].. It would have been smarter to just reduce the number you could take... So guess what I hunt with?

Last edited by ojibwa; 12-06-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ojibwa
same guys who came up with the new rules regulating doe harvest.. the whole month of Dec doe's are off limits unless you hunt with a bow then you can still kill as many as you want [up to 10].. It would have been smarter to just reduce the number you could like... So guess what I hunt with?

Geez, I wouldn't have any idea, LOL!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Spike

Our bow season runs from Sept 27 through Jan 15 but centerfire rifle was Nov 15 through Dec 6(only allowed to kill a buck the first 10 days of rifle) and alternative method is coming up
Old 12-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BigDan05
Thanks everybody I appreciate the input is there any certain breed of radish or turnip deer like more... just for future reference
I just plant plain old purple top turnips deer love them and it's cheaper then commercial seed blends.. I also buy wheat and oats from farmers around harvest time in my area often it's a 1/4 what you pay for it in stores or online..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.