Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need Help Understanding This

Old 11-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Spike

Default Need Help Understanding This

So early this evening here in Va. I hunted my stand. It was very quiet. Right as the rain started coming down, I watched two Doe come out from the bedding area of pine trees and thickets. They both came out together. The first doe ran down the hill and stopped. The second doe ran in the other direction. She then ran back up to the thicket and then haul it again down the hill. Then, She flew back up in to the thicket, came out, ran around the woods and hill side one side to the other, then hauled it back in to the thicket again. They never came back out. Any one have any ideas on what the heck she was doing?
I have never seen this before.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer being deer?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably a large fawn goofing around. I've seen it quite often. I've a fawn in a shallow creek run back and forth and jump up and down like a kid in a puddle. "Deer being deer".
Old 11-17-2014, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Never expect deer ...

to think like humans. Be where humans expect them to be. Necessarily pick your selected hunting spot to make an appearance, on the day you selected.