Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer day pack?

Old 11-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Spike

Default Deer day pack?

Alright, so I've been doing a lot of preparing as deer season is getting closer and closer. I have come to realization that i don't have a pack that i could take so i can stay out from sun up to sun down. That's my goal for this season as i have multiple bucks that are shooters who roam my area. I want to be able to store drinks/water bladder, jerky, binos, lights, extra layers, rattling antlers, calls, etc.. please tell me what packs are the best on the market for deer hunting..
Old 11-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'd go somewhere and look at packs. There are lots of different setups that will suit people differently.

I use a tenzing 1140 and love it but I generally hunt 4 hours twice a day rather than hunt all day.

Tenzing and badlands are a couple good brands and on a budget military stuff can be had pretty reasonable.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use a camo fieldline. Made of silent cloth, not the most expensivepack but it does a good job for me. In addidion to the main compartment it has 3 other zipper closed so you can dedicate each for a purpose. It also has a cloth carrying handle in addition to the shoulder straps that is very handy for haning the pack when in the stand. I carry raingear, a drag rope, field dressing gloves, flashlight, knife,TP,food, thermos of coffee, rangefinder, binocs wetwipes and other small items, like extra batteries. There are a lot of daypacks, you really should go and look at what suits your needs.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-06-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

For a lot of years I just used my kids' backpacks after they retired them from the school year, I usually made sure to buy something plain & dark, black, brown, or green.

About 10 years ago, I decided to treat myself, and bought one from Cabelas. I still have it, still in great shape, and I'm sure I'll still have it in 10 more years. They still make them, and it has plenty of room for all your gear, and then some. It was around $60 I think when I bought mine.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Campi...3Bcat104392080
Old 11-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

I use a Badlands 2200. Great for bringing out the meat,too.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I use a camo fieldline. Made of silent cloth, not the most expensivepack but it does a good job for me. In addidion to the main compartment it has 3 other zipper closed so you can dedicate each for a purpose. It also has a cloth carrying handle in addition to the shoulder straps that is very handy for haning the pack when in the stand. I carry raingear, a drag rope, field dressing gloves, flashlight, knife,TP,food, thermos of coffee, rangefinder, binocs wetwipes and other small items, like extra batteries. There are a lot of daypacks, you really should go and look at what suits your needs.
I'll vouch for that. The fieldlines are good packs for the money for sure. Real good bang for your buck on those.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Years ago I bought a Jansport with alum frame back pack. I used it two years and decided that I was hunting not back packing.
If I can not carry it the pockets of my pants and my coat it doesn't have a place to take hunting. I duck taped a 25' chunk of cord to my thermos so I can carry it over my shoulder and have some to use as a drag cord. I have elastic bino straps so I can carry them around my neck and handy. My camera also goes around my neck on a elastic strap.

Al
Old 11-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too have a small Fieldline backpack. Last year was the first season I use it, no complaints.
Badlands are nice and not too pricey, although size to size more than a Fieldline.
From the list you posted your gonna need a packback. I don't think you'll get away with a fanny pack.
Kifaru & Bison Gear is real nice stuff if ya got the wallet for it!!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one very much like this one:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat104392080

Not that one exactly, but close. It does everything you want. large central pocket for all kinds of food etc, smaller pockets around it for camera, calls, water, straps to tie on things like extra layers, warm back, umbrella etc.

I can easily carry more in than I need for a full day.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take a look here;

http://www.lintonoutdoors.com/backpacks/

I like a day pack that can "turn into" a night pack, if necessary !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.