Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Saskatchewan Hunting Pictures

Old 11-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 30-06 deerslayer
Nice deer although I would say a couple may be shooters even in Canada. there are huge bucks there but are few and far between anymore you may want to hold out as long as you can but , I wouldn't set my sites too high and come home empty handed.
I am pretty lucky to live in an area where big whitetails and mulies are not uncommon. Hunting pressure is also fairly low and therefore most bucks that I scout out make it through the hunting season. I have been fortunate to take the 2 bucks below over the past 2 seasons and have set my sights on taking a buck that is larger.

My 2012 whitetail (161" gross):

My 2013 whitetail (168 5/8" gross)

Basically this year it comes down to either a booner or tag soup.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics, and nice bucks you got! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Great pictures. Hope that Booner comes your way.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:17 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Love them!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Spike

Anybody in NY would drop the hammer on any of those bucks, especially the first four.
You live in a whitetail hunters heaven!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by X_Rayted35
must be nice. Every single one of those deer is bigger than anything on my farm. I wouldnt pass on any of them. Im starting to think the deer in SC are retarded or something. The deer we brag about everyone else lets walk.

I second that all of those deer are trophys where I hunt!! nice deer good luck
Old 11-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Spike

Great looking photos!

Originally Posted by X_Rayted35
yea I have heard that. But what about Texas and Georgia then? Maybe I should get my farmer to plant something other than soybeans and peanuts.
Depends on where in Texas you're at.

Got some relations down around El Paso,and they never seemed to take any monster deer.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Basically this year it comes down to either a booner or tag soup.
It's extremely rare for someone to shoot a booner once. Twice, is like lightning striking. Are your standards going to booner or nothing for the rest of your hunting career?

Even on the hunting shows, they're happy with 150 class deer.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
It's extremely rare for someone to shoot a booner once. Twice, is like lightning striking. Are your standards going to booner or nothing for the rest of your hunting career?

Even on the hunting shows, they're happy with 150 class deer.
I would say that if a 165" buck walked by towards the end of the season I may be tempted to pull the trigger. I am also always in favor of taking a character buck that may not score quite as well, although a young buck with lots of character (drop tines, extra junk) would still get a pass.

I am much more happy to get a good picture of that 160" buck and let him walk while I wait for a chance at a 170+ buck no matter how many years it will take. But with the quality of bucks in my area, I could see getting a booner every 5 years to be a reasonable quest.

I am also fortunate to get to chase around 200"+ mulies each year with my bow so not taking a monster whitetail each year is not that big of a deal to me. I am quite happy with tag soup every so often.

I am also a big supporter of the line of thinking that big bucks don't have an opportunity to get big if they are taken before their prime. The 150"-160" bucks must be passed on if there is any hope of seeing 170" bucks in the future.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope to get a legal buck this year (3 points to a side)

I've eaten tag soup for 5 years and I have not passed any up. A couple of misses in there, though.

We hunt all overgrown clear cut (the bush) so deer sightings are tough during the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.