Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pa muzzle loader

Old 10-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
Blah, blah, blah...A cancer tumor gets banned from one website, and shows up at another...

None of these rants, internet sandbox tussles, or insults change my view on how backward this state is on hunting. I'm also embarrassed to say I hunt in this state. And no, I'm not leaving any time soon, and yes, I do hunt Sundays in other states. So, I'll just continue to state my position, hopefully open a few minds, and continue to write the PGC with my suggestions and sign petitions.
why hunt sundays? just cause your off work? have you no respect for your neighbors or the game you hunt, do they need persued 7 days a week, just because your not able to hunt through the week doesn't mean they aren't hunted, they also need a day off from human encroachment, think about it, every critter with canines in the woods likes venison, they have to endure being hunted every day by every predator out there, is it too much to ask to keep your selfish butt at home on sundays? go to church, volunteer at a community function.
lots of folks with your attitude once voted sunday hunting in here, the private landowners didn't think much of it and posted they're land every day so they shut sunday hunting down until it was voted out, so just wait, better buy yourself some property while your waiting.
RR
Old 10-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Banned

sunday hunting is amazing. Great way to end the week! i disagree with oldtimr. he is just trying to get attention
Old 10-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Feel free to disagree, however be specific about what you disagree with. I didn't say a thing about Sunday hunting, I also don't need attention. I will however call out people who complain more than they hunt if I know it. The only thing an inline has in common with a traditional muzzle loading rifle is that it is loaded from the front. Powder substitute pellets and sabboted conical bullets and shotgun primers to ignight the charge makes it laughable to include them with traditional muzzlloaders, not to be missed are the ones that use smokeless powder. To allow them in a flintlock season would be ridiculous, just to satisfy some crybabies who aren't satisfied with the early muzzleloader season, and the allowance of the inlines during the entire firearms deer season. I would not call anyone who hunts with an inline a muzzleloader hunter, I also will not criticize them for using one, so long as they stick to the season in which it is legal without coveting another set of hunters special season.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
I'm also embarrassed to say I hunt in this state.
Ok then stop.

I'm no fan of the PGC or their management either.

BUT I'm not embarrassed to say I hutn this state.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tundra10
Ok then stop.

I'm no fan of the PGC or their management either.

BUT I'm not embarrassed to say I hutn this state.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Feel free to disagree, however be specific about what you disagree with. I didn't say a thing about Sunday hunting, I also don't need attention. I will however call out people who complain more than they hunt if I know it. The only thing an inline has in common with a traditional muzzle loading rifle is that it is loaded from the front. Powder substitute pellets and sabboted conical bullets and shotgun primers to ignight the charge makes it laughable to include them with traditional muzzlloaders, not to be missed are the ones that use smokeless powder. To allow them in a flintlock season would be ridiculous, just to satisfy some crybabies who aren't satisfied with the early muzzleloader season, and the allowance of the inlines during the entire firearms deer season. I would not call anyone who hunts with an inline a muzzleloader hunter, I also will not criticize them for using one, so long as they stick to the season in which it is legal without coveting another set of hunters special season.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
why hunt sundays? just cause your off work? have you no respect for your neighbors or the game you hunt, do they need persued 7 days a week, just because your not able to hunt through the week doesn't mean they aren't hunted, they also need a day off from human encroachment, think about it, every critter with canines in the woods likes venison, they have to endure being hunted every day by every predator out there, is it too much to ask to keep your selfish butt at home on sundays? go to church, volunteer at a community function.
lots of folks with your attitude once voted sunday hunting in here, the private landowners didn't think much of it and posted they're land every day so they shut sunday hunting down until it was voted out, so just wait, better buy yourself some property while your waiting.
RR
Old 10-30-2014, 02:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I really don't get the hate for the Flintlock season.... That's similar to a rifle hunter whining because he can't use his rifle in archery... It's it's own season... It's not a "muzzle loader" season.. It's Flintlock season... It's a chance to get out in the woods and hunt, a chance to hunt in a way different than we typically do. I love the season and would be very unhappy if it ever went away.With that attitude PA should just go to an open season from October- January. Use whatever you want, hunt every day etc. It's a season, instead of complaining, buy yourself a flintlock and ENJOY HUNTING. Isn't that the point?
-Jake
Jake- I'll answer your post, seeing as it's an intelligent question.

I'm not opposed to any additional opportunities, and I don't have anything against flintlock season. The original topic here was muzzleloader season, and since the post was created in October, it seems logical that the OP was referring to the week-long season that just ended.

I'd love to see PA have a week-long season for antlered or antlerless deer, for any muzzle-loading rifle, same as they do in almost every other state in the union. You get one buck tag in this state, so if you kill during that season, you're done buck hunting for the year; works everywhere else. And regardless what the PGC cheerleaders here on this site may think, many I speak with and hunt with believe PA needs to come out of the dark ages with a lot of the antiquated rules that are in place. But, to their credit, things are slowly changing here, not by arguing and insults on the internet, but by writing to the PGC, organizing and petitions to those who write the rules, and by voicing one's opinion (the slower folks or those who revel in their ignorance like to call this "complaining").
Old 10-30-2014, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said, go for it, but the way the rules are set up it won't be what you think it is, and I hope you own the land you hunt on, here is the way it was set up in wv
private land only
sunday hunting only allowed if no hunting seasons are coming in the following Monday
so all totaled there was actually only 1 sunday you could hunt deer with any firearm, you could bowhunt for 2 additional days.
farmers didn't like it and shut down most of the private land to almost all hunters, so there wasn't much deer hunting till it was voted out, there are still some landowners who have all they'rel and posted deer cost them money but they deal with it rather than they'reland being overrun. good luck
RR
Old 10-30-2014, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Like I said, go for it, but the way the rules are set up it won't be what you think it is, and I hope you own the land you hunt on, here is the way it was set up in wv
private land only
sunday hunting only allowed if no hunting seasons are coming in the following Monday
so all totaled there was actually only 1 sunday you could hunt deer with any firearm, you could bowhunt for 2 additional days.
farmers didn't like it and shut down most of the private land to almost all hunters, so there wasn't much deer hunting till it was voted out, there are still some landowners who have all they'rel and posted deer cost them money but they deal with it rather than they'reland being overrun. good luck
RR
Maybe you are right, maybe not. I do remember when NY started allowing Sunday hunting, all the debates and hand-wringing, and now nobody gives it a second thought. I bought land in NY shortly thereafter. But, because it's a 300 mile drive to camp, I'm in favor of seeing some changes in my home state, as well. It's inevitable anyway, the big push is to recruit new blood into the sport, and the powers-that-be knows what needs to be done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.