Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which Buck would you kill.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which Buck would you kill.

A recent post by BarnesX.308 got me thinkin. If these 3 bucks, The Hole in The Horn, The Milo Hanson, & The Missouri Monarch walked by your stand, Which one would you shoot? For me personally there is no way I could pass up the Missouri Monarch, He is such an iconic Buck. Not to say the others arnt, but ive always had a weakness for the Monarch. What about the rest of ya.
Attached Thumbnails Which Buck would you kill.-day12_holehorn.jpg   Which Buck would you kill.-gruenefeld_superbucks1-1-.jpg   Which Buck would you kill.-c1_missourimonarch.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Hanson buck, hands down! The others are great non-typicals, but Hanson's just has great symmetry for a buck that big!
Old 10-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The closest one.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Missouri Monarch was found dead just a few miles from where I currently live

Its hard to say which of the Missouri Monarch or hole in the horns I would choose in the woods. Probably the one that gave me the better shot

In person I find both of them along with many other buck to be much more impressive than the Hanson buck. I'll take one of the deer with a full 100 mire inches of antler.

Ive actually seen deer while hunting I would choose over the Hanson buck(not knowing it was a world record)

I guess the long skinny symmetry just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by rockport; 10-13-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

not up there but think the Jordan buck is one of the most perfect racks ever...
Old 10-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by Wingbone
The closest one.
You got that right.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Hole in the horn.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

I'd let them ALL walk in hopes of the Breen head was bringing up the rear. His impressiveness & frame size DWARFS the other 3! (Of those 3 I'd dirt roll the Hole-in-the-horn. Until you've held a replica head of that buck you can't truly appreciate its sheer mass & visual impact)
Attached Thumbnails Which Buck would you kill.-image.jpg  

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 10-13-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
I'd let them ALL walk in hopes of the Breen head was bringing up the rear. His impressiveness & frame size DWARFS the other 3! (Of those 3 I'd dirt roll the Hole-in-the-horn. Until you've held a replica head of that buck you can't truly appreciate its sheer mass & visual impact)
I've always thought the Breem buck was one of the best ever. It has everything. Coming from New York State, I've also been partial to the Roosevelt Lucky buck. It scores just under 200" and stood as the World Record Typical until the early '60's. Just as impresive was the then record Homer Boykin ? non-typical taken i believe within a few days, just a few miles away.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
The Missouri Monarch was found dead just a few miles from where I currently live

Its hard to say which of the Missouri Monarch or hole in the horns I would choose in the woods. Probably the one that gave me the better shot

In person I find both of them along with many other buck to be much more impressive than the Hanson buck. I'll take one of the deer with a full 100 mire inches of antler.

Ive actually seen deer while hunting I would choose over the Hanson buck(not knowing it was a world record)

I guess the long skinny symmetry just doesn't do it for me.

I know what you mean. Not to say I wouldnt shoot the Hanson Buck, But I just dont like tall typicals as much as nontypicals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.