Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Fact or Fiction? Scentblocking question >

Fact or Fiction? Scentblocking question

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fact or Fiction? Scentblocking question

Old 09-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Spike

it is all outrageous.if you feel the need to cover your scent than try vanilla or cheap baking soda
Old 09-23-2014, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport

Its about like stepping in dog poo on your way in Mcdonalds and thinking people won't smell it if you pin a french fry on your hat.

I don't care who you are or where you come from, that right there is some funny chit.

I've always believed that if your wind is wrong, your busted. Sure you'll hear the story about the guy wearing scent blocker everything, the deer was straight down wind, and I got 'em. Truth be told, there was probably a sliver of a wind transition between the hunter and the deer that was responsible, or as we well know, right place at the right time with a rut crazed buck.

As far as I'm concerned and strictly in my own opinion, it's mostly gimmick and marketing hooey.

Last edited by crokit; 09-23-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

I'll have to agree that its more of a way to get your money than make you a scent free hunter. Myself I think the scent thing is a waste of time. How did hunters kill deer years ago before this junk was invented. I have killed many bucks in my years of hunting and have never used any type of scent blocker or any spray and I manage to see lots of deer and kill my share. You cant kill em from the couch waiting on a wind direction to change.