Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
id love to find a feeder that works >

id love to find a feeder that works

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

id love to find a feeder that works

Old 08-31-2014, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default id love to find a feeder that works

Been using moultrie feeders and there a piece of crap!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Spike

Cool best feeder !!!

Try big buck plus you can buy just the bottom's and put your own barrels on them save on the shipping !!! they have 30 gal & 55 gal !!! if you use 55 plastic barrels you have to use 30 gal funnel there bottom's are smaller !!! if you have bears you need to cement down pipe and put bolt threw pipe & feeder & use metal barrels!!! I like the 30 gal size they last a week 5-7 days 3- 4 bags of feed and the don't get to top heavy !!!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Spike

I built one this year and so far it's working great. I got the motor at walmart on clearance last year. Noticed they are selling the same one this year for ~$35 (motor, electronic unit box). I got a couple of large 55 gal plastic drums cut the end off of one and cut about 1/3 of way down on the other to make a make a cap that slides right over the other one. Welded a quick stand together. Also bought the solar recharging unit and battery from walmart. I have about $75 total in it.
It's working great so far, was out there yesterday and cows had discovered it but deer where I'm at don't mind cows. And since they still have good grass they aren't on it every day. Last year my son shot a deer that was going between stands of woods with the cows camouflaging itself. Wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't standing there watching it. As soon as the deer needed to go a different direction than the cows were heading it bolted into a dead sprint since it was in the open, he had to shoot it on the run before it jumped a fence off our property.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well bought a american hunter and it seems to be working good so far...
Old 09-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Well bought a american hunter and it seems to be working good so far...
Ditto that, great feeder. Just doctor up one of those wire dish racks and place it around the feeder to keep the deer from messing with the wheel and feeding themselves when you don't want to feed them!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

On time motor and mount it to your barrel. Lifetime warranty. ON time Feeders work great.

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
On time motor and mount it to your barrel. Lifetime warranty. ON time Feeders work great.

Hatchet Jack
They are the best i have used for a photo cell feeder , sweeny's are good but battery life is low , change um when you fill um
Old 09-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want to say I got one from walmart...Remington brand? I dont remember the brand name but it worked fine..