Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A possible attack?

It is very rare, but rutting bucks will attack! A few years back there were two people killed in separate attacks by bucks in Texas. Deer are very strong animals, and when they get a mind to attack, sharp hooves and antlers can do a lots of damage!
Old 02-01-2002, 02:16 PM

two eyars ago while bowhuntin on the ground i hit my grunt call waited fifteen minutes then headed around the bend on a bench to see a beatuful 130 class 8 point i immediately dropped to the ground behind a log nocked and looked and saw him walkin right towards he wlaked to within yards stopped and just when he stop i lost my balance and fell from behind the log to my surprise he walked even closer by now im bout to have a heart attack i regain my senses nock and arrow draw him at 7 feet away but hes facing me and i dont want to take the neck or brisket shot and sadly he got away the next day in the same spot i called in another smaller 8 and start to draw and my release caught my jacket and prematurely fires sigh what a weekend
Old 02-02-2002, 05:00 PM

Many, many, many...Well, a long time ago, in Wyoming, a friend of my fathers was attacked by a buck he had wounded. Gored him pretty badly. And I have heard of guys wearing buck scent being chased through the woods by bucks.
Old 02-04-2002, 09:19 AM

Two years ago a rutting buck (about 4 points) attacked my Dads truck while we were driving to my grandmothers house. All 4 of us in the car were startled, but the buck put his head down and charged the edge of the drivers door. He decimated the rear view mirror and bent the door pillar. He broke his neck in the attack though, so the herd was thinned of that behavior!