Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

new camo clothing?

Old 10-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default new camo clothing?

What does everyone do with there new clothing when they get it home from the store?.guess the question i' m asking is........do you wash it in anything special?.IE.baking soda or something else.

Dont want to get busted by have a store scent on me when hunting?
Late Al
Old 10-07-2003, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new camo clothing?

Nicholal,

You can find scent free washing detergent in many many places for a decent price. Scent-A-Way by HS Scents makes a pretty decent scent free laundry detergent that can be used for regular or carbon clothes. One of the key things about these particular soaps, is that there are no UV brighteners.

Go to www.basspro.com . Do a search for " Laundry" . This will pull up a few different detergent options.

Good ole Wal-Mart usually carries Scent-A-Way products by HS Scents.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Al, I always wash my new clothes like I do if I were cleaning my old clothes. Unscented Baking soda solution for laundry soap, extra rinse and air dry. Then place them in a sealed container until I want to go hunting(I also place field materials such as; branches, leaves and dirt in the container to give the clothing a natural area smell-good time to collect leaves since they are turning and falling).
Old 10-07-2003, 11:11 AM

I always OPut my clothes in a Tub with a scent wafer, with leaves then close the tub and let it sit. Works great..
Old 10-07-2003, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: DeerHunter4Life

I always OPut my clothes in a Tub with a scent wafer, with leaves then close the tub and let it sit. Works great..
Hey - when you do this do you just throw the scent wafer in the tub with the clothes? I just bought some scent wafers (earth scent) from Hunter' s specialties. The smell seems awfully concentrated and I' m afraid it will really smell up the part of the clothes that it' s touching- if the clothes are kind of packed into a tub or bag - and not get to the rest of the clothes?? -zeke.