Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I Got My Old Tree Stand Back!

Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Spike

Default I Got My Old Tree Stand Back!

I bought a Tree Lounge climbing tree stand back in 2002. I loved hunting from it, and have killed many deer from it. In my opinion, it's the safest and most comfortable stand out there. I know there are some draw-backs like weight & difficulty attaching it to a tree. But overall, in all the stands I've hunted from, I've never had one compare.

But 3-years ago, I had a brief moment of stupidity and sold it Online. And I kicked myself for doing it. But last week, I came across the phone number of the man who bought it from me, and he sold it back to me! Now, I just need bow season to hurry and get here! I wish I could turkey hunt from it, LOL.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

I almost picked one of those up some time back. I didn't, but I can still see myself sleeping half the day away in it.

Congrats to you, Sir!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Spike

Mrs. Margaret would be proud! Does anyone remember those old videos? They were great. Never bought one but Margaret sure made them look comfortable.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sarge4
Mrs. Margaret would be proud! Does anyone remember those old videos? They were great. Never bought one but Margaret sure made them look comfortable.
I just got rid of my copy a few months back.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:08 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Wow that does look comfortable - Lean back and catch some Z's! Just make sure your weapon and your self are secured!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Spike

Unfortunately, they stopped manufacturing them about 5 years ago. You can still find them on Ebay or Craigslist. They are VERY comfortable. So comfortable in fact, that I've woke myself up snoring a time or two, LOL. But I can hunt all-day, stand up and stretch, and even take a nap without any worry. Another reason I love it, is because I can hunt high (30+ feet), and not be nervous. It's the only stand I've been that confident in.

They have the old videos on YouTube. Here's a link to one: http://youtu.be/tvFQT8touPA

Last edited by JasonL; 03-13-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Banned

I want one so bad.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Spike

Muzzleloaderhunter, you can usually find them on Craigslist. Or, if you're close to Tennessee, Local Sales Network (www.golsn.com) has them all the time.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

arent those things heavy? I often have to hike in a good ways to hunt, i had to let one my old summit stands go b/c it weighed over 30 lbs. It was rock solid but just too much to backpack in these mountains.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
arent those things heavy? I often have to hike in a good ways to hunt, i had to let one my old summit stands go b/c it weighed over 30 lbs. It was rock solid but just too much to backpack in these mountains.
I wondered that too..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.