Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Corn pile or feeder

Old 01-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bet nobody would think twice hunting over a corn field or apple orchard.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
I bet nobody would think twice hunting over a corn field or apple orchard.
I go to a farm where there are deer, I scout and setup where I think they are going to be. Then I hunt and no I wouldn't/don't think twice if apples or corn is where I think they will be. Although usually I don't set up right on it because that is not where I expect the deer I'm after to be in the daylight.

I use what I find to my advantage. That is just the way I like to do it.

Hell if I found a pile of corn the combine dropped I'd hunt that. The point is I find it more enjoyable to go out and find it.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

So do I,I hunt trails,oak trees,water,anywhere I see good sign.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by theshark
*Sigh*

I never mentioned baiting...... Simply asked for suggestions on which was best for the deer..
well no matter what deer are going to or coming from feeding...I liked the states you can bait with corn.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rockport
Whats the deal with this stuff? Guilty conscience or what?

Your on a HUNTING forum talking about putting a pile of corn on the ground......My bad for taking the wild leap to baiting.

I don't understand why your offended? Just a habit from past debates over baiting maybe?

I don't care if you bait or feed or whatever you want to do. You can raise them up in a pin for all I care.

I'm just sharing my thoughts on the subject as I thought that was what you wanted when you made a thread about it on a public forum.

I'm sorry if my definitions differ from yours but I think when you feed animals you plan to hunt your baiting.
Spare me this drivel..
Old 01-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Spike

I have a barrel I hang from a tree high enough so that only deer can eat from it I cut a hole in the middle of the barrel so deer can stick there heads in side it also works to knock antlers off I find at least 1 there every year it holds 50 pounds of corn just perfectly I never hunt over it