Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What an awsome morning!!

Old 10-02-2003, 12:46 PM

Default What an awsome morning!!

Hello all, I just recently joined the forum, and have been reading a lot but haven' t posted anything yet. I am glad I found this site, seems very informative and lots of good reading and pics. I am a New Hampshire hunter, rifle and bow, and would like to share an experience I had this morning.
I decided to pack the video camera on my bow hunt this morning, but unfortunately the battery wasn' t charged, so i just took the digital and headed out.
I worked my way through the woods on an old deer trail i discovered many years ago, basically running the side of a small mountain area, that opens up into some excellant harwood clearings. I was about 100 yards from the clearing, and headed straight up the mountain, into the wind, so as to get above anything there. I' m about halfway to where i want to sit, when i hear that wonderful snort, and watch as three deer go running off to my right... hmmmm, would have been a perfect plan, i was inching along on rocks, full camo, scent control, and wind in my face...... i couldn' t believe it. As I kneeled there wondering, a hawk decides to fly in for a closer look, straight at me, I almost had to duck, i tried for a picture, but it took off before i could focus. I decided to keep going in the direction i was, sticking to my plan, maybe they hadn' t gone that far. As i got up to a line of rocks, I saw something black go up and down behind a rock. Nah, couldn' t be, but I decided to get a lil closer and higher to see if it was..... sure enough, I think I found what spooked my deer. And me without my video camera!!!! I did manage one decent picture with the digital though, hopefully it posts.

What a day!!!

Old 10-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What an awsome morning!!

That' s great man, glad you got a photo of it. Makes for a nice day in the woods.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:59 PM

Thanks Phil J., it does make for an awsome day, just wish i had the video camera. Next time, battery is charged and ready to roll!!
Old 10-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Spike

Great picture, will you be goin after him soon?
Old 10-02-2003, 03:13 PM

Actually hadn' t thought about taking a black bear, I mainly hunt whitetail, and just started turkey hunting too, the bears are getting more plentiful though, maybe next year, I' m hungry for venison now!!