Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

abnormal antlers

Old 12-26-2013, 11:15 AM
  #101  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where animals get eaten
Posts: 671
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Yes I would. However When a guy says "it was a mistake I have to live with"

I see that as learning from a mistake


As far as whether its a mistake or not I disagree with you.

Mistake: an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong

I'd say that is exactly what it is.
Yes ok lets see him explaine that one to a judge,how do u think that would turn out?i know how it would turn out,the judge would say ignorance of the law is not acceptable
skinnnner is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:19 AM
  #102  
Typical Buck
 
kswild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 616
Default

Simple solution...Know the law or don't hunt. Peroid. I know we all remember not to long ago when lifelong and world hunter Ted Nugent violated game laws not once but twice. Illegal baiting of deer in California which he televised and Illegally taking a bear after wounding one the day before maybe in the Prince of Wales. As he stated at the time he did not know the law and ignorance of the law is no excuse. So if there is a lesson to be learned for the new hunters coming to this forum, Make triple sure you know the game laws where you are hunting and follow them to the letter. Identifying beyond a 100% ANY doubt what your target is... is paramount and job #1 along with firearm safety. Let this be a lesson!
kswild is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:27 AM
  #103  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where animals get eaten
Posts: 671
Default

That is exactly what im saying!he should consider himself lucky to be getting flamed on a forum instead of being infront of a co that would reviel all the laws he broke and being charged for them
skinnnner is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:36 AM
  #104  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,338
Default

Originally Posted by skinnnner View Post
Yes ok lets see him explaine that one to a judge,how do u think that would turn out?i know how it would turn out,the judge would say ignorance of the law is not acceptable


Yep if he got caught, went to court, and told the judge it was a mistake......he would get a ticket......for his mistake

However this is not a court and we are not judges.
rockport is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:42 AM
  #105  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where animals get eaten
Posts: 671
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Yep if he got caught, went to court, and told the judge it was a mistake......he would get a ticket......for his mistake

However this is not a court and we are not judges.
No we are not lucky for him.but i would agree with any judge that told him ignorance of the law is not acceptable.its not a mistake rock,its up to him to know the law,thats all there is too it and by you continueing to vouch for him saying its ok it was a mistake is doing nothing but allowing him to feel like its ok.Its not ok!like for pete sakes just learn the law and if you cant do that then what makes him responsable to carry a firearm?
skinnnner is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:45 AM
  #106  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where animals get eaten
Posts: 671
Default

And as far as this not being a court room,it could just be.any idea of how many people are getting charged these days because the post illegal activitys On the net?
skinnnner is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:51 AM
  #107  
Typical Buck
 
kswild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 616
Default

Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Yep if he got caught, went to court, and told the judge it was a mistake......he would get a ticket......for his mistake

However this is not a court and we are not judges.
No we are not judges BUT We ARE RESPONSIBLE stewards of or natural resources And as such have a responsibility to reprimand ANYONE who violates the Law mistake or no mistake!
kswild is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 11:52 AM
  #108  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where animals get eaten
Posts: 671
Default

Originally Posted by kswild View Post
No we are not judges BUT We ARE RESPONSIBLE stewards of or natural resources And as such have a responsibility to reprimand ANYONE who violates the Law mistake or no mistake!
Ks your last two posts were spot on!thank you for seeing the big picture here.
skinnnner is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 12:01 PM
  #109  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,338
Default

Originally Posted by skinnnner View Post
No we are not lucky for him.but i would agree with any judge that told him ignorance of the law is not acceptable.its not a mistake rock,its up to him to know the law,thats all there is too it and by you continueing to vouch for him saying its ok it was a mistake is doing nothing but allowing him to feel like its ok.Its not ok!like for pete sakes just learn the law and if you cant do that then what makes him responsable to carry a firearm?
Again mistake means action that is wrong<<----fact not opinion.

Your kidding yourself if you think you know every law in this country and never accidentally break a law.


I never ever said it was Ok and neither did the OP(as a matter of fact the opposite of that has been repeated over and over)......I just don't know what more you want.
rockport is offline  
Old 12-26-2013, 12:04 PM
  #110  
Typical Buck
 
kswild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 616
Default

Originally Posted by skinnnner View Post
Ks your last two posts were spot on!thank you for seeing the big picture here.
NP Buddy! Today's up and coming youth hunters MUST understand HOW IMPORTANT it is to identify your target AND KNOW what's BEYOND it. It really is a matter of life and death. You can't take the bullet or arrow or any projectile back once it is released. So you MUST be SURE.

Last edited by kswild; 12-26-2013 at 12:07 PM.
kswild is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.