Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

300 yard Doe Harvest

Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Spike

Default 300 yard Doe Harvest

I filmed this hunt at the end of July this year. We were participating in a program the Pennsylvania Game Commission has established to help farms that have had their crops destroyed by the deer herd. This shot was taken from 300 yards in a prone position with the rifle strapped into a shooting bench. The doe was struct directly behind the should and expired within a 100 yards.

Here is the link to the Video if you care to watch:
http://youtu.be/faZAs1LSLR8

Sorry folks this doesn't include any blood, any guts, or poor shots, however this may not be suitable for all age groups so viewer discretion is advised.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Based on past experience I'll pass.

Yawn...............
Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Based on past experience I'll pass.

Yawn...............
That makes 2 of us.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Make that three!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang... Tough crowd!!! You folks ever here of the "vinegar vs. honey theory???

I've noticed that when you show a young man respect, they tend too reciprocate it!!!

I for one give this young man respect for what he's doing... I don't expect him to be a professional from the git go... But damn folks... The young man is trying... Life takes time!!!

Constructive criticism will go a lot further than ripping into this young man. Do you folks realize how many hunters out there haven't taken the time or effort to learn what they need to know to be able to make that shot?

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 12-20-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Constructive criticism will go a lot further than ripping into this young man.
Who's "ripping into him"? I merely stated that I'll pass on his videos. I've watched 2 of them and they are not my cup of tea. If you want to see some young guys that really know how to put together hunting videos check out the ones that do leatherwoodoutdoors on youtube.

All of the guys on there are young and their videos are very tasteful and respective of the game and the hunt. They are out of PA like the OP of this video is but that is all they have in common. The difference between the 2 are night and day.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Spike

I've noticed that when you show a young man respect, they tend too reciprocate it!!!

I for one give this young man respect for what he's doing... I don't expect him to be a professional from the git go... But damn folks... The young man is trying... Life takes time!!!

Constructive criticism will go a lot further than ripping into this young man.
Thank you Lunker this is the first website that anyone at all has ripped into what we do most encourage it and provide helpful tips on ways to improve.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ChasingTrophiesTV
Thank you Lunker this is the first website that anyone at all has ripped into what we do most encourage it and provide helpful tips on ways to improve.
Stick around, and be respectful, and these folks will come around. BTW, I read yer reply about reloading... Glad to hear it... You got into it at a much younger age than I did.

Flags, like I said, "life takes time"... This young man will either hone this craft to a professional level, or will just do it as a hobby... Either way I feel that I have to give his work a fair shake. I also have to give him credit for the effort... We've all seen young men at his age that are totally worthless... This young man is making an effort.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Constructive criticism will go a lot further than ripping into this young man. Do you folks realize how many hunters out there haven't taken the time or effort to learn what they need to know to be able to make that shot?
I agree. I find it very childish from men that seem to think they have it all figured out.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
I agree. I find it very childish from men that seem to think they have it all figured out.
Heck , I don't think I have it all figured out. I KNOW I have it all figured out. Just ask my wife. LOL