Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best budget trail camera?

Old 12-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Spike

Anybody have luck with the Wildgam Innovations cams? I bought one a few years ago, set it out and saw that it had captured photos. I put the SD card in my computer and I get nothing. I tried another SD card and the same thing happened, so i returned it to the store. I have avoided them ever since. Anybody have success with them? A local store had a good sale on them and thought about picking one up.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Anybody have luck with the Wildgam Innovations cams? I bought one a few years ago, set it out and saw that it had captured photos. I put the SD card in my computer and I get nothing. I tried another SD card and the same thing happened, so i returned it to the store. I have avoided them ever since. Anybody have success with them? A local store had a good sale on them and thought about picking one up.
I use the wildgame innovations and I think they're quite good for the money. I had the same thing happen once with the card, the formatting got screwed up somehow but I just was able to reformat it on my laptop. I think the most expensive one I have was around $60 at Menards.
Attached Thumbnails Best budget trail camera?-wgi_0010.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-wgi_0109.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-wgi_0044.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-wgi_0054.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-wgi_0038.jpg  

Old 12-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

My younger brother also has a moultrie that he puts behind the house and it's not half bad either. Around 50 bucks at walmart.
Attached Thumbnails Best budget trail camera?-mfdc0094.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-mfdc0126.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-mfdc0127.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-mfdc0239.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-pict0177.jpg  

Old 01-01-2014, 06:51 AM
Spike

Thanks Wisco,
Those look like some decent quality pictures. What models do you have or at least how many megapixels? You have some nice bucks hanging around too.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a pic on page one that was taken with a 2.0 wildgame innovations.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

What models do you have or at least how many megapixels?
The Moultrie is an A-5 (5MP) , One of the Wildgame Innovations is a Blade 3 (3MP), the other is an N2x Red 2 (2MP) . The one that I think takes the best pictures in the Blade 3. Only thing I don't care for with the Wildgame Innovations that I have is that they don't have a burst mode so you get one picture every 15 seconds with the Blade 3 and only 1 every 30 seconds with the N2X. The Moultrie can be a little blurry at times but does have the burst mode which can be very helpful.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Spike

Thanks guys, thats good to know. I prefer to use the 3 burst mode on our cameras, it has helped us catch more deer on camera.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Spike

I bought a Primos Truth Cam 35 in mid July, and for 2.5 months it worked AWESOME! I set it on 5 shot burst for the first month(would not recommend that in a high movement area) ended up getting almost 12000 pictures the first week!!! switched it to 3 shot and it worked perfect(got about 4000 a week). My cousin had a Wildgame innovations(not entirely sure which model) that was set up on the same area and it got 1/2 the pictures I did. However, the big difference between the two was that in mid October water somehow got inside mine and it stopped taking pictures, where his is still taking them! (we had 14+ inches of snow and -40 weather last week, just checked the cam today when we were squirrel hunting and its still snapping away) I don't fully know how water got in there, only idea is that mine you access from the side where his you access it from the bottom so its probably a lot harder for water to get in there.

I did read a few weeks ago that putting silicone moisture packs(the kind you find in your new box of shoes)inside where the batteries and SD card is, can go a long ways in helping to keep moisture out of your trail cam. I was smart enough to buy the protection plan at bass pro so they are supposed to be sending me a new one in the mail shortly.
Attached Thumbnails Best budget trail camera?-prms3084.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-prms6612.jpg   Best budget trail camera?-prms6356.jpg  

Last edited by Bigus awd223; 01-12-2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 02-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Spike

Browning black flash did Well for me last year. Just as good as my trophy cam