Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting facility concerns

Old 11-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

I'm amazed that some people will keep going to the same outfitter after having a bad experience. I guess some people are a glutton for punishment..
Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by VA5326
I'm amazed that some people will keep going to the same outfitter after having a bad experience. I guess some people are a glutton for punishment..
***It sounds like from what the OP posted that this bunch got taken the first time they went there and then were going to go right back again for more of the same!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're going to believe someone with one post on here???

Oh yea, it's the internet....

Bonjour.........
Old 11-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any reputable guided outfit is going to provide a copy of some sort of contract prior to the hunt that spells out what services are and are not provided as well as the exact contracted dates. If they book another party on the contracted dates, they have voided the contract and a full refund is due.

However, I'm not buying the OP's story as it is. There has got to be more to it, especially since, as others have noted, it is the individual's first post. What brought them to the forum in the first place? Surely someone doesn't just go to the trouble of registering to pitch a bitch and then depart without some underlying motivation.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

I guess you could call someone a stooge for getting shafted twice but giving an outfitter one opportunity to make amends doesn't sound unreasonable...esp if he's real convincing on the phone. A third time? Now you're a stooge!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Choosing an Outfitter isn't rocket science. The MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do is to call and talk to hunters who have already used said Outfitter. Any reputable Guide/Outfitter will provide a list of references to contact regarding their hunts. It's important to speak with a few hunters from different states, so you can get an accurate, unbiased description of the hunt and what you can expect/or not from the Guide. Things like, tags, lodging, food, personal guides, animal numbers, quality of animals, ect.