Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Scent Lok or scent eliminators: fact or fiction >

Scent Lok or scent eliminators: fact or fiction

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lok or scent eliminators: fact or fiction

Old 11-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Spike

Default Scent Lok or scent eliminators: fact or fiction

Something I read somewhere else got me to thinking about what most hunters believe in regards to the scent lok clothing or most scent eliminating systems in general.

I've always been suspicious of the scent lok type clothing and others like it but definitely believe in eliminating it as much as possible and mainly hunting the wind.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

It probably doesn't hurt to wear the stuff, but I just wear normal camo clothes and pay close attention to the wind. My friends are the same way and we took two bull and two cow elk this year, two deer, and three antelope in Wyoming, a mulie in NM, and a Bighorn Sheep in Oregon without using any of that fancy, smanchy clothing!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

You cannot regenerate carbon at temperatures that would not catch your dryer on fire! So.........FICTION! Save your money!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will use some of the scent eliminator sprays but have never used the scent lock style clothing. It looks and feels like it would be too hot for me......maybe not in November but during September and mid October archery season it sure seems that way.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

When it first came out and I had the $ I bought a few. Shot a few deer down wind of me. That being said I still have the gear as it is well made, so I did get my $ worth out of them.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

I use the clothing and the scent a way spray.. I also hunt the down wind side of the field in a hunting shack. I haven't been busted by a deer all year. I guess the combination of everything works but Id still say human breath alone would spook a deer that was directly down wind. Everything helps a little I'm sure but nothing is perfect and never will be.